• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sea Foam and Spark Plugs

No, you have to pump it in from the bottom.

I can't wait to Seafoam the 95 w/ 201K that I got for $200 a week or so ago(see pic showcase post).

Sorry I'm a little late for April fools.

Last edited:
Trying to keep the fuel in the injectors cool. There is a common problem of heat soak (from the exhaust manifold). But the only reliably verified fix I have seen here is to run the efan after motor shutoff.

Would it be a bad idea to run seafoam through a motor with almost 260,000, a cracked header and misclanious oil leaks that most likly has never had the treatment before?

Would it be a bad idea to run seafoam through a motor with almost 260,000, a cracked header and misclanious oil leaks that most likly has never had the treatment before?
Seafoam will not make it worse, if that is what you are asking.

My XJ have a cracked header. When I use Sea Foam, I can actually see the smoke coming out of the crack in the header.

Did I say Sea Foam is good for trouble shooting cracked headers?

Hey all, SEA FOAM IS GOOD FOR TROUBLE SHOOTING CRACKED HEADERS!!

:wierd:

10,000 miles since my last Sea Foam induced stall. I am out of the US 10 months. Can,t wait to perform another Sea Foam immunization.

Sounds good. I tried the lucas gas treatment and havent noticed any differance. I'll give seafoam a try. I was just worried about getting the motor too clean.

1/3 in Booster hose, Gas Tank and Oil... Ok Excellent!
1/3 on the pint can I assume, but how you guys measure that
or do I just pour until it feels right?

feel works for me

So I have had a can of Sea Foam in the back of my rig for.. well one or two years now, just never got around to using it (my buddy used it on his, then I picked up a can to use with next oil change.... oil change got rushed, the XJ's running strong anyway, just forgot about it).

So now the XJ has been in storage for 10 months, I have had it running a few times already so I know its still running great (after a new serp belt and alternator), but I figure this is as good a time as any to run the sea foam through it. I have always heard of it done through the booster hose and gas, but not oil. A couple of y'all have said to change the oil after 20 miles or so (after putting in the Sea Foam) if I understand correctly. My oil is kinda old (last oil change was a year ago) but it only had maybe 1k miles since the change. I have been running it on the old oil a few times since but just idling, doesnt seem to be too bad, I checked it and it looks/feels fine (famous last words, I know)

First: due to the 20 miles thing, if I understand correctly I should throw the sea foam into the oil 20 miles before I do my oil change (in the old oil), correct?

Second: I plan on changing out my old oil and adding fresh gas before I actually drive it anywhere, would ya advise to change the oil, add sea foam, and then change again (due to the age) or would you think its alright to run it through the old oil its got for 20 miles before changing?

Thanks
-Scott

I'm not a fan of putting solvents in the oil. Just change oil more often, or to clean it up quicker use ATF. I do like seafoam in the intake and gas. You can run the tank down to a 1/4 so it's more concentrated when you add the seafoam.

I'm not a fan of putting solvents in the oil. Just change oil more often, or to clean it up quicker use ATF. I do like seafoam in the intake and gas. You can run the tank down to a 1/4 so it's more concentrated when you add the seafoam.

X2. I do not add anythig to the oils in my XJ. I use only good brand of oil (Amsoil) and change it regularly. Amsoil is also a detergent oil so it get the gunk out.

All I have ever put in my oil so far is marvel mystery oil from time to time.. and I put that stuff everywhere.

For anyone who is interested. I add Seafoam to the oil (20 miles) before an oil change. It has helped me with cleaning dirty lifters and valves for years. I think of it as a real good oil flush.

'Just Sea-Foamed my '00 a couple hours ago.

OH,...

MY!

They don't kid around about the mosquito fogger effect, do they! I'm glad I waited until after dark before I drove off property. Hopefully, no one in the complex made me on my way out! :D

Back