• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday night dinner

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
At some point John will contact Robbies about the catering for the dinner on Saturday night at the VFW. There will be a discussion about what to serve.

Let's get a discussion going ahead of time to make that conversation easier for him.

Last year we changed it up with the baked potato bar. How did we like that?

mac 'discuss' gyvr

I though the potato bar was good.....I think it is more about having some warm food....it's all about the raffle...the food just needs to be edible and warm.....I always like the salsbury steak ( Burgs in gravy) and some kind of chicken.....

Yes I am on this......

I agree. The potatoe bar was something new and seemed to go over well. Don't really think i have had any complaints about the food. Its always been really good.

I'm not a huge fan of potatoes as a main part of the meal, there were a few rumblings about it last year but I think that was more because it was different.

We're not going to please everyone, may as well do what is easy for Robbie's to prepare.

The best thing to keep the cost decent for us and not super hard on them is like we have always done two meats a couple side, a roll and desert....

Ram" Who are we kidding we are all there to drink....lol" Rod

I always treat the saturday dinner like I do the birthday ball every year. I eat before and don't show up hungry. That way it's like a snack and not a meal.

The best thing to keep the cost decent for us and not super hard on them is like we have always done two meats a couple side, a roll and desert....

Ram" Who are we kidding we are all there to drink....lol" Rod

We usually show up starved, and there is plenty of hot food! We have no complaints about any of the food they have prepared for us, including the potato bar, but think what John said is the way to go.

Ok Guys the VFW and Robbies is locked down for us. It is very nice to hear how much both places enjoy our group.

Ram" crazy people " Rod....

Ok so lets talk food.......I was thinking about going back to the Burgs in gravy and some sort of chicken ( the huge chicken strips they have are good for this) some sides a salad , rolls and desert.

Ram" What do you guys think" Rod

I know we had potatoe bar last year but what else did we have. Can't remember back that far

Pretty much what I just put out there Ben...It's hot fills your gut so some serious beer drinking can happen at the fire or cabin.....

Ram" I like beer" Rod

I liked the potato bar myself, but honestly I don't care.

mac 'got enough on my plate (pun intended)' gyvr

I liked the potato bar myself, but honestly I don't care.

mac 'got enough on my plate (pun intended)' gyvr

I liked it also.....But I think the menu I suggested will go over better with the group....

Ram" We just need hot food" Rod......

Ok guys I just talked to Aldean......

Menu unless I get totally shot down:
Pot roast with carrots, big chicken tenders, corn, mashed tatters, brown gravy, Rolls and three kinds of desert to chose from.
Well and as much beer as you can buy and drink from the VFW

Ram" This should please as many as possible" Rod

Ok guys I just talked to Aldean......

Menu unless I get totally shot down:
Pot roast with carrots, big chicken tenders, corn, mashed tatters, brown gravy, Rolls and three kinds of desert to chose from.
Well and as much beer as you can buy and drink from the VFW

Ram" This should please as many as possible" Rod

^ Glad.....I think it will be a good choice

Back