• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusties good or bad

and that last pic is MONEY!

(I still hate Rusty's, BTW, not necessarily for the lack of quality control -- I think the parts are hit and miss -- but because their customer service sets a new standard for craptacular, and I don't like arguing with idiots) :conceited

Back when I was at 3.5" of RE lift.
909eop.jpg

8zo20h.jpg

8zpa89.jpg

To the OP, in all honesty...build what you can...buy what you can't (but it doesn't really all have to be from ONE vendor).

If keeping short arms...

Even if you can't weld (which if you were up north I'd be more than willing to do)

You could buy the joints and tube size you desire...and then throw them together to make arms that are going to cost almost the same as buying from a vendor...but more than likely stronger (depending on what tube ya go with).

I.E: RE/Rustys/Ballistic/EVO/Summit Joints, 1.5" x .25" DOM, and some inserts and voila...killer arms :D

Coils: My vote is still Rock Krawler

Shocks: Bilstein or Fox

Track bar: Build your own (not much different than the arms just longer)

Leafs: Haven't bought nor really kept up with whos has been working better...either way get shackle boxes to make sure your leafs work correctly.

I like to support vendors who actively support us and the sport. If you decide to go Long Arms, or even shorts arms I turn you to FrankZ...you can't get much better customer service.

My $.02

Oh. you must need more coil droop next time so it will be more stable and you won't roll.......
:D

Never did have an issue with droop...But I do think it would have been nice if I had the time to install a winch b4 this run to suck down the front on the climb ...And from watching video of this obstacle my XJ is more stable than many rigs that have tried this line ...But this winter rather than doing bigger tires I'll be looking to maybe go a couple inches loner than 107 WB and finish up my suspension with most likely some struts ...I don't want to change my WB much this year since I want to claim this obstacle with the same basic set up next year...I would be up there this weeked to do that ,but I think it snowed there this week , So I'm pretty sure HC is going to have to wait until next season ...On another note the Boggers seem to climb the few note worthy obstacles on HC better than the guys running the basic Blue label Krawlers ...this was based on me walking lines they just spun tires on .

Back