• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon cleanup report.

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
Rubicrawler said:
As most of you know, the Pirates of the Rubicon have been hosting the POR Rubicon Clean-up for the past 7 years. This year it was decided that they needed some help and they teamed up with Friends of the Rubicon to help with this years project. My report will focus our our section responsibility- Ellis Creek to Buck Island!

Most of us gathered at Ellis Creek Friday night for a little R&R:friday: By Saturday at 9:00am we had 25 harty souls ready to work! We split up into 3 teams:

Aaron/Garin took there group up to Walker Hill and took on a MAJOR bypass issue! It was the worst bypass I've seen on the trail with HUGE potential for resource damage.

Mike Elrod took his group up to the pumpkin patch to block off a major bypass at the entrance right next to a legal bypass :1poke: Once Mike's group complete their responsibilities, they moved up the trail, blocking bypasses and met up with Aaron/Garin to assit them with their project.

My group (Jess, John and me) stayed behind to rehab/move the outhouses at Ellis Creek, clean out fire pits, block bypasses within the camp and pick up trash. You've gotta love guys that VOLUNTEER to help you move old, nasty outhouses. We did out selves proud then moved up the trail to meet up with all the guys at Walker to help finish that up.

Dave Mills (1toncj or blingJ as we now call him;)), his buddy Craig and the crew from Nevada (Sierra Stompers) went ahead to clean-up the Spider Lake bypass area. They picked the trail CLEAN!

I was impressed at what we accomplished but was disapointed that we couldn't get it all done.

We all gathered at Buck Island and had a great camp spot and a nice warm fire to relax next to. The raffle was small but some very nice prizes were awarded to some hard working folks. Our very own PartMike donated a $200 Gift Certificate!;) They guy that won it was excited! He has a Toy and needs Hi-Steer;)

We know of the areas that are left to do next season. We'll have to plan and early trip to get in and finish up the work.

My thanks to all! You guys ROCK!

Here's some pictures I took...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Scroll to the bottom for the album...
http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/home?userid={0641A5A9-DB40-46BE-9569-B61D5BC8B151}&tio=0

I'd like to thank Capt. Nemo and Kernel for helping Dys Crew with the log work and thanks goes to Letterman for cleanup at Observation Point and Buck Island. The help is appreciated guys, by showing up you are making a difference! :cheers:

Jes

JeepFreak21 said:
Thanks Jes and everyone else that made it out! I appreciate all the hard work!
Who's rig is this?
standard

Billy

That'd be mine. I let my buddy drive in (through Gatekeeper at about 10pm)and he accidentally took out the rear taillight. That's the 4th, so I'm going to make some steel housings.

The cleanup was hard work, but I feel we got a lot done. It's a blast to work with like-minded people for a worthwhile cause. Thanks for posting up the pics, Jes.
Eric

Capt. Nemo said:
That'd be mine. I let my buddy drive in (through Gatekeeper at about 10pm)and he accidentally took out the rear taillight. That's the 4th, so I'm going to make some steel housings.

Eric

Ha, didn't even notice the tail light. I assume it was lost on the tree at the entrance on the right? I got my hatch there and would have gotten a tail light too if mine weren't steel. That rock has really moved over and it pitches you into the tree now, I ended up taking the middle line on my way out.

Jes sorry I missed you Sunday morning, I was tired, we rolled out with Kernel and his group around 10 am. You all did a great job, I have not seen that Ellis Creak area so clean.

It eazy to see why to try to keep it clean, Buck at Midnight Friday the 24th
47b4d706b3127cceb73dc38191bd0000001610

7am Saturday
47b4d706b3127cceb73dc04b50de0000001610

3/4's moon over the Box from the Soup Bowl Saturday night
47b4d706b3127cceb73e2383f11b0000001610

It should be every run is a clean up run!

We all gathered at Buck Island and had a great camp spot and a nice warm fire to relax next to

Did I miss a change in fire restrictions?

Thanks for showing up and helping to all that did. Sorry I missed it this year, seems like they keep moving cleanup earlier and earlier. Its getting in the way of my annual deer slaughter!

CRASH

Fire restrictions were lifted on Friday(at least up on the Rubicon).

Dave, nice pics!
Letterman said:
It should be every run is a clean up run!

Funny you say that. Every trip I took on the con this year(5) I have done trail maintenence and/or garbage elimination. Just kinda the routine I guess.

a hearty THANK YOU and a big :thumbup: from down in SoCal...much appreciated

PS- very nice photo album you have ther Jes...awesome stuff

Back