• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Flex-Joints worn

no clunking yet, drive it every day. still no offroad test though.

Thx for the update.
Spoke to RC this morning...
10:40:23 AM [Visitor] Looking at 4.5" LA kit and it says "new xflex joints"....pls advise when was these joints release
10:43:01 AM [Joey] latest revison on the joints was less than 2 months ago, been that type of style for over a year and half
Looks like they might have fixed the problems.

RC just sent me a knew set of bushings. Don't know what version they are, but they are black, and they are shaped so that they actually overlap each other in the middle. And they fit tight enough that I had to use my press to get the snap rings in. Kinda optimistic about them. Will update in a month or so.

Wish supporting vendor would comment.

Not sure what you are wanting me to say? Ive was off work for the entire month of august and there were some post I made before then. Anyways we have had nothing but good results from the newer bushings thus far and I and very pleased with them

We used the one i installed last weekend and we are very happy with it.He has about 400 miles on the lift(street) and a good night run under it now.He has NO problem at all with the new joints.When i get the money i'll be buying this lift for my jeep and reinstalling my old short arm RC lift on the wifes jeep.
Easy to install.We are adding a 1/2" to the lenths of the arms in front to clear the inner fender wells, he just went with 35" tires and they do rub just a hair under full stuff when turned.We have no other problems with it at all. GREAT product RC.

RC just sent me a knew set of bushings. Don't know what version they are, but they are black, and they are shaped so that they actually overlap each other in the middle. And they fit tight enough that I had to use my press to get the snap rings in. Kinda optimistic about them. Will update in a month or so.

These are the NEW style bushings. As said before.. Supposedly from Currie. The Currie Joints i have in my uppers now look to be the same that RC in now using.

great now I'm out of warranty with shitty Joints, all they sent me was a cheap rebuild kit with the same shitty bushings.
840 miles later, same clunk..went on some fire roads 3 times ...great thanks RC

Maybe it time to start a "class action suit"...or something with all the other people that got screwed on this..
Guess I need to just buy some real Currie joints

great now I'm out of warranty with shitty Joints, all they sent me was a cheap rebuild kit with the same shitty bushings.

Maybe it time to start a "class action suit"...or something with all the other people that got screwed on this..

How is your warranty over? I thought they had lifetime warranties on their kits?

How is your warranty over? I thought they had lifetime warranties on their kits?

X2. I never had any issues with them over failed parts. Call Jeffery @ RC. He will take care of you.

guy on the phone said my warranty was over by a month and doing me a favor by sending a crappy rebuild kit..thats all I know...and I'm not buying any RC joints, they just don't know how to roll them...

Do yourself a favor and buy the currie JJs.
RC should have sold their kits with these from the start.

I have probably around 3k+ miles on my lift and with the JJs, have had no clunks, even after wheeling.

Ok, I'm putting this out there since Jason and RC have always been good to me. I purchased RC's "New" adjustable control arms, with the flex joints in question, when they first released them. I have always kept them greased and due to that fact I'm still running the original set with no clunking or or other issues. But I am located in dry and beautiful SoCal.

Back