• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roof racks/ light bar let me see them

They're sponsored by Rigid lighting... they already have a light bar in the works ;)

Fixed that up for you. And Rigid's optics are way better than any other right now. I went by their shop the other day and they had a new flashlight that uses five of their new 10 watt emitters. It was without a doubt the brightest thing I have ever seen. Makes my 5 cell mag light look like a candle. I'm trying to talk them into filling a section of our light bar with those.

Here is mine.

lightracklights-1.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

IMG00920-20091108-1003.jpg

They're sponsored by Ridged lighting... they already have a light bar in the works ;)

rose racing's rep told us the other day that their lights are made by the same company as vision x. is rigid makin lights for vision x too?

Cache96 - how is that bar resting on the windshield (if it is)?? That bar is sick! nice work!

I have a Carr lightbar that hooks into the gutters... Im in the middle of re-building it now actually... Ill post up if I ever finish it. I have the cheapest lights you can find on it. They are 6" with the large housings. KC covers. I'm putting 100w bulbs in them, extending the bar to fit the XJ (pulled it off my explorer), and bed lining.

I like the pre-runner style you guys have been posting. Having it come down the windshield a bit looks sick. Gives it a low-profile kinda look. But I'm kinda stuck with this carr thing... Mehh... Hope the 100w bulbs make a difference. Changing from 55w bulbs.

rose racing's rep told us the other day that their lights are made by the same company as vision x. is rigid makin lights for vision x too?

Nope, Rigid is made by Rigid here in Mesa, AZ. Their lights are 100% built in the USA.

Ohhhhhh so you're going to be running TWO led bars. I officially hate you ;)

Well, your gonna hate me even more now!

Just got back from Rigid and we finalized the lighting for ORAF. In addition to the 40" amber that we already have...

40" white (spot reflectors)
24" white (spot reflectors)
6" white (flood reflectors) x2

Plus this really cool hand-held spotlight.

So who makes a good light bar? If I make one it will weigh a ton. Anybody got some good pics of a quick release set up? How would you make it adjustable from in the cab?

Those light have got to bounce something fierce. You need to at a minimum run a brace to the top of the rack from the back of the light mounting.

well i got bored this past weekend and decided to build a light bar.

Let me know what you think.

2j8uc6.jpg

the lights are 6 inch KC apollo's, they are great little lights and cheap

Back