• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rolled the Cherokee R.I.P (pic links included)

heres a pic of the sweet rear bumper i JUST put on a few days before the roll

IMG_1049.jpg

i think this is what caused it to roll over... you should just give it to me free of charge... its cursed =) j/k sorry to read u rolled it... u should just chop it and make it a buggy... then buy another one as a tow vehicle and DD =)

I already have a daily driver...little Hyundai Tiburon hella realiable, low gas mileage and gets the job done as far as work goes...this was strictly a utility/fun moab, uinta, go anywhere the f**k in UT/recovery/drum hauling/crazy snow storm/snowboarding/vacation awesomeness vehicle which i have had for 4 yrs and i have 1 good upgrade per yr on 'er and i just put the bumpers and winch on before the accident, last yr was the tera high steer ;) ...heh until now...just gotta start up another XJ project, i will have some more pics up tomorrow of the actual scene and a few more moab scenery pics :) ..... i forgot to mention the day before this happened i lost a rear shock on the passenger side, those sh*ty stock welds tore right off the axle so the extra springy-ness may have contributed to this whole thing........lesson VERY well learned though guys, i will never take one of these offroad without a rollcage, and i will always watch that throttle!!!!!

Last edited:
Sucks... but...

How did that Yakima box not shatter?

exactly what i was wondering. You should send those pics to Yakima. They could turn it into an advertisement and make ya rich :p

and how many rolls was it? I've rolled one of my xj's twice and the unibody held up much better than that.

yea the yakima rack did shatter the plastic is just so light and flimsy it kinda popped back out...those things are great though for light gear like tent/sleeping bags etc. plus u can wheel with em ....just cant roll with it on there haha

we actually rolled 1.5 times and ended up on the roof

alek21 i feel your pain man that sucks your looks as trashed as mine pretty much...

hella ooops

That sucks dude. Nice XJ (pre-roll) for sure. Just swap the parts over to a new one and let the fun continue! Good luck with the insurance company.

Gald you guys are ok!! I say chop/cage it...is that an option for ya???

Sorry about your loss

I don't know about the chop/cage idea, that front drivers side inner fender looks pretty smooshed. There could be some damage/tweaking to the unirail up front there.

I don't see the problem. 100 bucks of plexi ...lower the seat....use the extra cash for some upgrades, voila...no theft problems....a few dents won't bother ya......geeez man its just starting to get broken in.

:viking:

Just found out she's totaled...the insurance co. is towing it back home Friday...then I have to talk to the total-loss adjuster to see how much i can get the salvage back for....then its back to the 'ol drawing board to build another XJ :)

Back