• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree (Goatfest) Nov 22-23.....details/info

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
This trip will be in Johnson Valley, with runs on Sat and Sun and dinner and raffle Sat night. We've always had a great time, with around 70 rigs each year. There are trails for everyone, sightseeing, beginning rock crawling, moderate rockcrawling, and hardcore. This is a great time to run the JV trails whether you're a first timer or a regular.

This is a loosely organized club run, no fees involved with free camping. We'll camp on Means Dry Lake, and there are no facilities, though we will have a few PETT portable toilets. We'll also serve dinner on Sat. Dinner will be $10.

The raffle this year will be to support Team NAXJA's entry into the King of the Hammers race which will be Feb 26, 27 '09. Since raffle prizes are hard to come by these days, especially considering the great support many vendors gave to the recent 25th Anniversary event in Moab, we've come up with prizes that we hope you will enjoy. We will have some merchandise prizes, but the main prizes will be a Sun trail ride on a couple JV canyons driving four rock buggies, two of which are entered into KOH. Four winners will drive mine, Paul's, Dave's, and Farmer Matt's buggies on trails on Sun. This should be a really fun time on Sun for the winners.

We're offering special "Proud Supporter of Team NAXJA" T-shirts this year. We appreciate the support we've recieved so far on these shirts, we're nearly out of the first run of them. The shirts are $40 (this is a fund raising effort), and if you order a shirt or already have a shirt, then dinner on Sat at the event is free. So, wear your Team NAXJA shirt and there will be no charge for dinner. To order your shirts, please go to the Team NAXJA website www.teamnaxja.com and click on the PayPal link to place an order. Please be sure to include your size and your address, and if you plan to pick up your shirts at the event. If you're not at the event, we'll mail the shirt to you.

We need all shirt orders to be in by Sun, Nov 9th, so we can get the orders done and have them in JV. If you prefer not using PayPal, you can order the shirts and pay for them in JV, but please only do this if you are 100% sure you will be there, otherwise we'll end up with extra shirts, and it can be hard to figure out who's already picked theirs up when they aren't pre-paid.

Oh, and BTW, if anyone wants more info about why we do this, please read post #132 of this thread. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=965599&page=9

So, get those rigs ready to crawl, and we'll see you out there, :wave1:

Last edited:
I get back from Catalina the week before, I'll see what I can do.

I'm gonna be there with my dad (first time offroading in California with me)

so you brought your dad to have your back for the rematch this year?

Bryan C. and I are ready for you this year Ben! :gee:

I dont remember fighting last year, but I saw pictures of me fighting you! :D :D

Hey Richard, are tall sizes available for the shirts? Also, what are the guidelines for inviting guests to a "loosely organized club run?" I have a friend who I just helped to install a 3" lift and 30"s on his XJ, who might be interested in coming.

Bryan C. and I are ready for you this year Ben! :gee:

I dont remember fighting last year, but I saw pictures of me fighting you! :D :D

All I remember is getting body slammed, that's it. But I guess that's what happens when you start drinking at 8:30 am.

No rematch for me, well at least I hope not. :anon:

Hey Richard, are tall sizes available for the shirts? Also, what are the guidelines for inviting guests to a "loosely organized club run?" I have a friend who I just helped to install a 3" lift and 30"s on his XJ, who might be interested in coming.

Order one and I'll see what I can do. The shirts are pretty long, and should be OK as is. I'm 6'1" and an XXL shirt is pretty long.

Run is open to anyone and everyone. :)

Back