• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

riverside/the fab school

First off, I'm in riverside, and it takes just over an hour to get to the big bear lifts. I used to Mt bike/race at snow summit. Winter driving might be a little slower depending on traffic and conditions.

I don't know about the fab school. I'm pretty sure it's just down the street from my shop. I've been curious, but never stopped by.

I am taking classes at RCC in welding. They have a really really good welding program. I would suggest you augment your school experience with classes from RCC. I had a lot of welding experience at work prior to school and I am still very glad that I am taking courses. Safety is a huge part of it, but the classes and instructors like to gear you up for propper welding processes for any situation. Employers will like that. Ultimately, you can get certs for some process's at RCC and get serious prep for LA certs which is the cats meow in Socal. An LA cert will open up a lot of doors for you around here.

There are also various Machining schools in the area. San Bernardino's comunity college has a really good program. They will teach you the rock solid basics. There are a lot of other schools that specialize in CNC training. I am a machinist by trade. Do NOT rely on CNC training to become a machinist. You NEED manual machining experience to get a grip on feeds/speed, fixturing and tooling. A Machining background will help you in a lot ways.

I've seen various discussions on Fab forums and most pros are thankful for there machining experience.

ive been working with a machinist when i need parts for my jeep made. hes a great guy and the most patient man i have ever met. hes got a HAAS vf-3 but the bridgeport and the lathe are all manual. and i havent been able to use the CNC yet because im still getting a hold of the manual

i know a little bit of G code, he maked me do all my trig myself and makes me design 3 different jig possibilities. like ive said before this is just so i can have some sort of tangible proof that wive taken classes and learned properly about fab work. im not in any means looking for a job in the fab feild. im perfectly content sitting in my air conditioned cab in my 325 cat excavator.

My son went to thefab school about 2 years ago .he loved it he is friends with one of the teachers now and says there teaching smaller or should i say shorter classes pin point just certain skills sets such as welding. long way to go for welding school! good luck no jobs out here my son was just offered a job at a company in the south but is now going to school for cad /cnc /machining type work .

Back