• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rig owner builds

yukon's are really good gears i have always an them in my yota's and going to put them in my xj never had any trubs... i suspect somebody who installed them had know clue thats my .02

Huh,I had Auburn car repair installed them. I`ve heard bad things about Yukon gears, My next set will be Superior and I`ll have someone else install them. They should of last longer then that and yukon wouldn`t warrenty them and Auburn car repair does alot of gears i believe. So who knows. My blame is on Yukon not Auburn car repair. But i did waste alot of money and not happy about that.

Huh,I had Auburn car repair installed them. I`ve heard bad things about Yukon gears, My next set will be Superior and I`ll have someone else install them. They should of last longer then that and yukon wouldn`t warrenty them and Auburn car repair does alot of gears i believe. So who knows. My blame is on Yukon not Auburn car repair. But i did waste alot of money and not happy about that.

You obviously have a beef me, so refresh my memory. Who are you?

You obviously have a beef me, so refresh my memory. Who are you?

I don`t, i was actually defending u there. Because he said who set my gears up didn`t know what they were doing. I dislike yukon gears. But I`m the one that wreck my last jeep into an tree if you must know who I am. No beef with you john, just don`t like P.S or Drama, and I won`t back down. Just on here for the thrill of the XJ. And to meet others like myself that likes to wheel and build there sh**.

I don`t, i was actually defending u there. Because he said who set my gears up didn`t know what they were doing. I dislike yukon gears. But I`m the one that wreck my last jeep into an tree if you must know who I am. No beef with you john, just don`t like P.S or Drama, and I won`t back down. Just on here for the thrill of the XJ. And to meet others like myself that likes to wheel and build there sh**.

Tim, right? This is the one you wrecked, bent the housing, and split the carrier in half, if I remember correctly... right? And you're wondering why there's no warranty for Yukon gears? I know you had claimed that it was through no fault of mine or my shops, but there was still some hostility there. Your failure was due in NO part to part or setup failure.

not defending anyone, not my business...

But, I have heard Yukon is THE brand to go with from numerous people..

Tim, right? This is the one you wrecked, bent the housing, and split the carrier in half, if I remember correctly... right? And you're wondering why there's no warranty for Yukon gears? I know you had claimed that it was through no fault of mine or my shops, but there was still some hostility there. Your failure was due in NO part to part or setup failure.

Yep it`s Tim, Never bent the housing I ran it until about two weeks ago. After i built my new rig my front pinion bearing went out. Had an place in Enumclaw replace that because you wouldn`t warrenty that. then awhile later i blow my front carrier apart. I got an new one of those from you and I asked if that could be warrenty and you told me no because of locker and tires. cool then about an month ago i broke an front axle plus 4 pins in my front locker and then i twisted an rear shaft D35c what u expect running 35`s so when i was fixing all this i noticed my front rig gear had 5 missing teeth and my rear had two so i swapped in an dana 44 and swapped the front to match the gears. So i contacted Yukon and they wouldn`t warrenty the gears or the place that i bought the gears. So i won`t buy yukon gears again. I bought them in 02/07 and then had you instay them and when i wrecked my last jeep it sat for almost an year before i built my new one and i found out that it was my front driveline that wore out my front pinion. But i ran all my stuff off my wrecked jeep and all was good. The only thing that i hurt in the wreck was my body and stinger of my last jeep. So no beef, I`m all good how about you?

So no beef, I`m all good how about you?

I'm good. And FWIW, we've installed dozens of sets of Yukons gears with very few issues, and of the couple of broken ring/pinion sets we've seen, I have had ZERO issues getting warrantied. In fact, the last set I did was for Michael here (2xtreme). Not sure where you bought the gears, but they should have been able to get you taken care of other than maybe the freight charges.

not defending anyone, not my business...

But, I have heard Yukon is THE brand to go with from numerous people..

Maybe but I`ve heard the opposite, I`ve been asking around and calling places and plus what happened to my Yukons, i won`t buy them again. But that`s just me. Yukon warrenty is an 1 or 2 year and for axle and tire size D30 32" tire, D35 33" tire, D44 34" tire. I called Rustys and there warrenty is 10 year i believe and up to 37" tires. plus they sale superior gears. That`s who I`m going with.

I'm good. And FWIW, we've installed dozens of sets of Yukons gears with very few issues, and of the couple of broken ring/pinion sets we've seen, I have had ZERO issues getting warrantied. In fact, the last set I did was for Michael here (2xtreme). Not sure where you bought the gears, but they should have been able to get you taken care of other than maybe the freight charges.

How long are they warrentied for?

wouldnt know, never done gears.. Only ones i have been told to really stay away from are genuines?

To help get things back on track a little bit.
I do all of my own work on my rig and fab everything I can, or at least that it makes sense to.

Front bumper and grill guard all home made (holds 5 gal of compressed air).
Rear bumper (holds 7 gal of compressed air).
Rock sliders with 4 arms and 20 attachments at the seams.
adj. UCA's home made with JJ's at frame end and stock bushing at axle end.
adj. LCA's home made with JJ's at frame end and stock bushing at axle end.
adj. TB home made with Heims at both ends (above the axle brackets all home made and frame mount home made).
over the knuckle inverted Y steering home made with Heims.
Hybrid Cage designed with expert help from family and friends and built with expert help from friends at home.
Rear leaf pack bastard pack home made with a mixture of 3 sets of springs.
Rear bump stops home made.
Rear shock mounts moved up on axle.
Front bump stops home made.
Rear storage shelf home made.
Rear storage drawer home made.
Tube air intake home made.
OBA from A/C conversion.
rotating (4 Hella) light mount on top of halo home made.
Custom front seats modified to fit.
Front skids on axle.
Numerous gear installs on this Jeep and others. (I have been very happy with my Yukon gears and Johns install on 1 set of Yukons for me).
HD 231 with Chevy upgrades from junk yard and short shaft kit.
Modified yokes front and rear to accept U-bolts instead of straps.
My own tire and wheel installs.
Rock lights installed.
H4 conversion installed.
5 point harnesses installed.

I am sure I am missing something, but you get the idea.
Michael

PS. Scott, although I did modify that rear D44 cover I don't want to take credit for the bulk of the work that "JB Weld/OD XJ" did. Plus his fab skills are MUCH better than mine!

It's not done yet, but I should have it driving in two weeks or so.
Here is what I have done so far

I cut the front and rear fenders. I also cut and raised the lower quarter panel behind the rear tires.
I built a front winch bumper, rear bumper, and rock slides. Also built front inner and outer frame & and steering braces.
Built my own rear leaf bastard pack, installed an extended & adjustable rear shackle, installed rear shocks.Total rear lift at 5.5 Also added a new rear YJ brake line
In the front I installed upper and lower IronMan 4x4 adjustable control arms. Also installed 6.5 coils, Rusty's adjustable trac bar, and frame brace, and new long travel shocks. Lets not forget the new extended front YJ brake lines. Cut down and built custom length cardasian jointed front drive line. This weekend I'll install hiem jointed cross over steering. 4.88's, lockers, winch, and compressor are next

I've done a pretty good job of making this rig a giant pile-o-crap!

main.php

Stuff it has:
Ford 9", 35 spline, broken ring and pinion
Bastard pack, custom ladder bar, original shackle re-location kit
front 3 link with lower arms 'custom' bent by landing on them
custom MRW beadlocks with re-enforcement rings
custom, not square, not even ligned up anymore - but it was at one time - cage
worlds crappiest suspension seat in the drivers seat
winch in the way of the passenger sitting comfortable
Boatsides that probably arent level, nor match side to side
a mix of square and round tube in odd places
I cut a hole in the floor and put the gas tank up higher once. it seemed like a better idea than it really was. now I have less storage
its self dovetailing with more and more stupid driving.

sum moar pikz -
http://www.rockhardxj.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2671

dsc_0706.jpg

dsc07086.jpg

nr04.jpg

_0738.jpg

stp84245.jpg

dsc_0183.jpg

stp84808.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo7.jpg

main.php

I have done literally everything on my Jeep (except for maintenence, axles, cage, suspension, electrics, paint, and tires). Everything else was all me; built not bought!!!

-----Matt-----

:roflmao:

I do some of my own stuff. I kan stik meetal to udder meetal parts.

Back