• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RHD Postal Jeep Cherokee

philagony94xj

NAXJA Forum User
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/1553819433.html
Seems like WAY too much for this cherokee. Even though it does have RHD and seems to be in good shape on the outside. I wouldn't pay THAT much for that thing. Maybe 5 or 6K at most. But someone out there will want a unique XJ, maybe crazy enough to pay the 10K asked. :doh:

I'm not interested in it, just seems kinda cool though.
What do you guys think?

that's a f&$ing joke. No way should anyone ever pay that price. Some idiot with too much money will waste his on that thing.

Why wouldn't you pay that much for something that was constantly turned on and off driving stop and go for 100k miles? smoking deal.

smoking deal? Literally.

Aside from everything else it's obviously a base model, which isn't necessarily all bad, but it's not clear what, if any, options it has. It could be a no-gauge, no-rear-wiper stripper.

e.t.a. New tranny at <119K miles? Rough life it's had!

I'll bet if you could find the service records, it's gone through 3 or 4 sets of brakes too.

It's never been in an accident, but the mail carrier has driven it into several objects. Awesome.
Oh, come on! That's not a legitimate gripe. My Cherokee's never been in an accident, and I've driven it into several objects. How many people on this board(even the mall crawlers)can say they've never driven into an object? :twak:

Oh, come on! That's not a legitimate gripe. My Cherokee's never been in an accident, and I've driven it into several objects. How many people on this board(even the mall crawlers)can say they've never driven into an object? :twak:

Fence posts... trees... trash cans...

My point was that a car with no accidents shouldn't have body damage. Sure, maybe the PO never ran into another car, but if the XJ has body damage from sideswiping something, I think the seller should just admit it without the semantics.

The last thing I hit while driving was in 1991, when I clipped a parked car with my mirror. It was an accident. I would be lying if I had sold that Ranger and told anyone who asked that it had never been in an accident. Semantics, I suppose.

The last thing I hit was a rock on Cadillac hill. It can't be classified as an accident, any more then taking a relatively stock XJ up Cadillac hill can be called an accident. It could be labeled a "misjudgment" or a "mistake", but since I planned to do it at some point(the accent, not the rock) I can, in clear conscious, say it wasn't an accident. :D

...,but, yeah, I see your point. Body damage in a car with "no accident history" does require some explanation.

My point was that a car with no accidents shouldn't have body damage. Sure, maybe the PO never ran into another car, but if the XJ has body damage from sideswiping something, I think the seller should just admit it without the semantics.

The last thing I hit while driving was in 1991, when I clipped a parked car with my mirror. It was an accident. I would be lying if I had sold that Ranger and told anyone who asked that it had never been in an accident. Semantics, I suppose.

To a point, unless the carrier MEANT to hit it with mailboxes, then it has been in accidents. :confused1

I guess I'll give you that, but I guess from that point of view we should list if it has been in a crash, not an accident.

ill give it a best offer... $4000

Oh wait.. it didnt even have 4x4, that means $400-$500 conversion

ill give $2500

the bad part is, some one in my area is trying to get $5000 out of his RHD conversion.. so, the passenger side is completely useless unless you want some one messing with your steering nub and pedal levers.

Unfortunately, not too many factory RHD Cherokees were ever made. The demand for them is still relatively high however. My wife is a rural mail carrier and she would love a RHD Jeep. Yes they are quite expensive but when compared to any of the other Factory RHDs that have been made for the U.S. market the Cherokees stand alone. They have the most cargo volume without being to big, 4WD, high production numbers compared to other models, and as we all know, legendary reliability and longevity.
When you think about what other cars were available in RHD (Subaru, Saturn, TJs and JKs) the price versus utility is still better then the rest. I mean a RHD TJ will run 10-15k, a new JK costs 25-30k. I got a smoking deal on my wifes Saturn 99 SW1, comparable sales were about 3500-4500, I paid 1800. That was only after 4 months of searching CL and Ebay for a vehicle less than two states away. I know the RHD prices seem rather high but that is what the rural carriers are paying.

Back