• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Retractable LCD screen in an XJ ????

casm said:
BTW: Moose, glad to see it's progressing!

Still rough around the edges but functionality is getting close to being locked down / frozen:

Latest screen cap

r@m

casm: no crypt here:) i dont know if you noticed, but the topic says Retractable LCD screen. Thats like a screen that comes out... you know...

Purple said:
casm: no crypt here:) i dont know if you noticed, but the topic says Retractable LCD screen. Thats like a screen that comes out... you know...

If the screen's coming out, does its test pattern look like this:

gay-rnbw.gif

:D :D :D

Seriously, hit up XJDB, cardomain.com, and carsound.com. Not trying to be an ass here, but I'm gonna hazard a guess that the lack of on-topic replies since the thread was started six weeks ago means you might want to do some wider searching. Sample searches: one and two.

On a purely practical level, if all you want is to see if the screen will flip up and clear the vents, dash, etc., what about cutting out a piece of cardboard to the same dimensions as screen on the unit you're interested in and using to do a mock-up? Just hold it up about where it'd be sprouting out of the dash from the head unit and get a rough idea of how well your unit would work in the same place.

You could also request in the user support forum that the thread be split so that the non-relevant content gets moved to its own thread. Sorry for the hijacks, but one thing just sorta led to another :)

Last edited:
Root Moose said:
Still rough around the edges but functionality is getting close to being locked down / frozen:

Nice :) Good choice on the test track, btw.

(Purple - I deliberately put my reply to Moose out into a separate message so that if you do request the thread to be split all the off-topic replies can be weeded out fairly easily.)

:) its all good guys, as long as we are helping each other when needed:p Thanks, and sorry :)
btw, these colors are gay:p

I have the Alpine CVA 1004 in my 2000 Cherokee. Fits like a glove and retracts great. No interferance with the vents. Sits about half an inch from the vents. Screen gets hot from the vents, but I usually just have the vents blow on the floors. I took out the center console and theres a vent in there. It blows a ton more heat with the center console out.

Back