• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reputable Shop around south denver/castle rock?

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a reputable shop in the above area that can diagnose a death wobble issue in Karens jeep. Ive gotten underneath and have found a loose trac bar frame side, bad stabilizer. TRE's look good, but i would like a professionals opinion regarding her ball joints before I do anything. Shes got the money from her tax return and has decided to keep her XJ and just spend some cash on getting the issue fixed correctly. Her dad and I (he has air tools) will be doing the work, just want to know from a pro if there is any other issues besides the trac bar and stabilizer.

Thanks!

200+ threads with Death Wobble in the title alone....

http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=3774790

My post wasnt a search for "why does my jeep shake" or "please help me with my death wobble". I was asking for a reputable shop in Denver from local folks. I dont believe there is a "Local Colorado Reputable Shops" thread. Those other threads may help me if i was looking for a reputable shop in Southern California, or maybe Alabama. Id prefer to stay local.... :thumbup:

were going to do all the work, just want a pros opinion on if there are any underlying issues IE ball joints and such.

i figured it would cost about 50 bux to have someone put it on a rack and check it out.

Call David at Import Connection he diagnose for free and he is off the 470 and Santa Fe. 724 317 1777 Tell him Kyle sent you and he will hook you up.

Uhm most any shop will diagnose for free. Especially allignment shops. Or one of the guy on the forum here would be more than willing to look at it for you. :thumbup:

Uhm most any shop will diagnose for free. Especially allignment shops. Or one of the guy on the forum here would be more than willing to look at it for you. :thumbup:

No....... he's clearly letting us all know that we're all incapable of diagnosing Cherokee related mechanical issues. We're all idiots. None of us have been through DW, none of us have ever fixed it. None of us have built rigs that DON'T have DW. We never fix XJ's, we never drive XJ's, we never modify XJ's......

Too phunny. :rolleyes:

None of us are front end techs or anything. :D

I figured master tech Flores would be all over it

You might try ...

All American Four Wheel Drive Repair
(South Denver Location)
3753 Norwood Drive
Littleton, CO 80125
41x1.gif

I have used them in the past, although I would be careful to make sure you state what you want and a price range you are willing to pay. I would get a confirmed estimate before any work begins and make them stick to it. I would deal directly with Steve (the owner) to avoid any confusion.

Phone is 303-470-0286. Hours of operation are Mon. thru Fri. 7am-6pm (weekdays only, no weekends). Website is www.AllAmerican4x4.com
They are located south of C-470 and Santa Fe on Norwood Drive. They are are bit pricey, but they do quality work.

bd

i was going to say all american, i walked in there one day and it seems like a real nice place. They specialkize in jeeps and are constantly installing lifts

Got all the parts we need. (stabilizer, trac bar) And her dad and I will be doing all the work ourselves this coming Sunday. Just wanted a pros opinion, IE... A certified ASE mechanic so i dont go chasing gremlins and spend all of our daycare/rent money. Sorry I offended you Troy :dunce:. Im going to start with the obvious that I found, the trac bar and replacing the stabilizer. TRE's look good. After that, will be looking at ball joints and maybe a full alignment (caster/camber toe in).... But im hoping a new TB and Dampener will solve the issue.

Fingers Crossed.

And I still have the TJ. 4 days and counting. :gee:

Ase= ask someone else.

Be careful looking at balljoints. If you don't know what your looking for you can confuse bearing play for balljoints play or visa versa. But I'm nit an ase tech so ignore what I say....

I held ASE certifications in 7 different categories back in the day, worked for 6 years in the auto repair biz....... found out I liked it better as a hobby.

But that's OK....... Ask Someone Else kinda fits with this thread....... :laugh:

Back