• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement parts?

Legacy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm curious as to what companys have good replacment parts? I've heard that qudratech parts were not very good.
I'm looking for a fender and header panel.
So thanks for any in put.
Legacy.

Normally i would go to a pull it your self yard and see if they don’t have what i need. But I don't have much free time with school and work.

Unless you buy factory parts from a Mopar dealer, pretty much all the body panel suppliers will be selling "offshore" parts -- meaning made in Chine or Taiwan. I put a pair of offshore fenders on my 88 MJ. The profile is fine, they were straight, and from ten feet awaty they look fine. They don't mate up quite perfectly at the bottom of the A pillar, but I notice that because I'm the guy who struggled to try to make them line up better. Nobody else has ever noticed.

I think I paid $25 each for them -- new. How can I complain?

Quadratec or JC Whitney will be fine, and probably the same quality.

wow $25 each where did you get them at?
I'm looking at at least $80 buck a pop each.
well thanks for the in put.

i bought a header panel and headlight doors from quadratec and they were crap. the plastic peices of crap broke within a week of being installed. if i were you id hit up the boneyard adn pull some genuine parts. If your buying aftermarket youd have to get them painted anyway so just do a little prep work yourself i promise it will be worth it.

well i've been wanting to cheek with a pull it your self yard but no time.
plus the few pull it your self yards we have hear never seem to have an xj's.
I think it's cuase there's an all jeep junk yard here and they buy up all the jeeps and then charge more then the dealship for parts.
cool well thanks for the input.
Legacy

Back