• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Wheels? HELP

I had to do the couple loose lugnuts forward,brake,backward,brake trick to get mine off.

id bring it to a tire place and tell them you think you have a leak in that tire then they take it off, dunk test it for pressure, tell you no and you go on your way.

and i think most places do this for free

classic thread. too funny. roflol. To be helpful, though, spray a half can or so of penetrating oil in there. Wait a few minutes, then hit the edges of the rim with a deadblow hammer. Two handed swings if you have to. Add some heat with a torch to the area around the lugs if all else fails.

go out and ride your brakes, it'll heat the whole thing up, dont forget about the rears-if you drums suck use the parking brake to warm them-it doesn't take much heat to make a big difference.

it happened to the wife's car, and surprising it worked quite well!

Still working on it, I have some new Tips now, I was pretty busy the last couple of day and didn't have a chance to get on it again.

I will post when I get them off.

Thanks for all the help.

Get a buddy to help you and rock it back and forth with one of you and each side. I had to do beat the sh*t out of the wheels on another car...same thing, aluminum alloy and I don't think I would have gotten them off myself had I been changing them due to a flat on the road by myself. My wife would have been stuck if it happened to her.

Back