• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing top tranny to radiator line on 91' HO

woodyjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing my radiator tomorrow and I've already done a lot of the dissasembly to get started. I have it all sitting with white vinegar inside to let it clean up the deposits, but I want to triple check the removal of some fittings.

The lower hard line has the clear tabs on it that look like I just push them in and pull the line out (searched for that), but the top line needs a wrench. Should I use a standard wrench on that or do I need a special one so as not to ruin the fitting? Thanks a lot.

A "flare nut wrench" would be preferable but not totally necessary. You can use an open-end wrench...just be careful not to round off the nut.

woodyjeep said:
Should I use a standard wrench on that or do I need a special one so as not to ruin the fitting?
You're fine with a standard wrench as long as you watch yourself. Hell I used a huge crescent wrench to do mine and I was still fine until I made an imprint in the radiator cap neck because I wasn't watching. Just take your time and make sure you don't turn into anything. Usually it's one of those deals of once you brake it loose, the threads are clean enough to just use your fingers to bring it the rest of the way.
Hope it helps,
Collin

Back