• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remembering Mike O - FIVE years later

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Can't believe it's been five years since our friend passed. NAXJA has changed so much in five years that there are probably only a handful of us left that knew Mike.

His resting place is now on my way home, so I stopped by today. Mike used to have a nice cozy spot. But now there's caution tape around and a huge concrete slab two feet from his headstone. :( I have no idea what they're building there.

IMG_20110526_152049.jpg

Wow. Does not seem like 5 years at all.

Thanks for the reminder. He was a good guy.

I'll have to swing by on the way to class one day.

I naver met Mike but this happened right as I was joining NAXJA and I remeber it well. Everyone I know says he was a great guy so I miss him too.

Thanks Johnny. I remembered it was around my dad's bday but couldnt remember the exact date.

RIP Mike...

KI6IUD

I met him exactly once, at my very first SoCalXJ Meet'n'Greet in north San Diego. I only have a fleeting impression of him, as I was quite overwhelmed with the whole M&G thing... But I've always heard great stories about him and how he was, and truly regret that I didn't get to know him.

Back