• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter Trails

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason (at least one) you should change your attitude is because the powers that be want to close Reiter Pit. Continuing to call it a pit will reinforce their claim on closing it. What's in a name? A rose is a rose, but the pit they want to close! Call it a trail and make the bastards fail!

separator.gif
maybe you should email these guys and tell them that uneducated buffoons are the only one that call it reiter pit and are a bunch of people that don't care about the world they live in and just go out and tare up the woods and leave trash laying aroundSnohomish County News | Sheriff wants ATVs for Reiter Pit patrol ...

The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office wants to purchase all-terrain vehicles (ATV) to help patrol the Reiter Pit off-road-vehicle...
seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/.../2003754127_motorcycle20n.html - 31k - Cached

Image is Extremely important in many things in life and it goes with out saying that it affects those of us who are interested in keeping places around for us to wheel.

The Fact is that there is a large group of people (including many of us on NAXJA) that are trying to do our part to clean up that image of what is now called Reiter Trails. There have been thousands of hours from hundreds of people doing everything we possibly can to protect this area and calling it Reither Trails is a very small part of that.

The mear fact that you were not aware of the name change makes it clear that you have not been involved in anything organized to help clean up the area and keep it open to wheeling.

You can call it what you want. But if you want to be on this board and be apart of this group I recommend you call it Reiter Trails.

Now that we have made it clear as to our intent and reasons for the changes do you think you could at least help us out by calling it by it's new name? It really isn't that much to ask, is it?

Michael

rabbit said:
separator.gif
maybe you should email these guys and tell them that uneducated buffoons are the only one that call it reiter pit and are a bunch of people that don't care about the world they live in and just go out and tare up the woods and leave trash laying aroundSnohomish County News | Sheriff wants ATVs for Reiter Pit patrol ...

The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office wants to purchase all-terrain vehicles (ATV) to help patrol the Reiter Pit off-road-vehicle...
seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/.../2003754127_motorcycle20n.html - 31k - Cached

they already have been contacted regarding the name of Reiter Trails. Check out Reiter Trail Watch website, its already been taken care of. Reteir Trails FTW!

well then after all that said and well done MAYBE any one up for some wheeling on Saturday 830ish main parking lot stile want to meet some of you

I'd be there, but per usual I get to work extra (the past 4 years, almost every weekend) and won't get there till after 2

I'll be skiing no dice for wheeling

My son says he'll probably be out there in his XJ. (He's doing work at the cabin to make it visitable for Valentine's day by me and my wife. :smootch:)

This may be the dumbest thread I've seen in months. I still call it Reiter Pit. Just like I still call Safeco Field the Kingdome every once in a while. Accusing someone of being a garbage throwing redneck because of a similar slip is stupid and divisive.

Michael, you of all people should not talk about image in this way. In your last post you made close to 30 grammar and spelling errors, yet you say "image is Extremely {sic} important." Which says redneck more?

Lay off the OP. We all know what he meant, there's no harm done, the only people who care about the name is RTW, and the only time I've ever felt my life threatened on the trail was at "Reiter Trails." The most destructive wheeling done in the PNW is at Reiter; those who are so overwhelmingly concerned about the environment have no place in this thread. If anybody needs proof, I’ll send you the links.

I’m not trying to take anything away from Karl and RTW, I just don’t think that it’s fair to throw somebody to the Lions over semantics, on what is a questionable issue.

-----Matt "The Semantichrist" Adair-----

IXNAYXJ said:
This may be the dumbest thread I've seen in months.

I agree. Its so ridiculous that its brought Sniggs out of Retirement:wierd:
I've been purposefully staying out of this, but its over now.
There are lots of other people we could be fighting with on trail use issues. Why are we fighting with ourselves? If your so concerned about what he might be doing go and wheel with him and his buddies. If they are screwing up then help educate them, Dont just shread them online becuase of your perceptions of them.
So,
Reiter Trail/Pit/Road/Off highway 2 east of goldbar, or whatever else you want to call it
Saturday the 9th 830ish in the lot

-Ryan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back