• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redneck Makeover Build

Yeah... my Advance Adapters salesman called me and they are supposed to send me a pickup tag for this one since it's wrong. He didn't mention how long it was going to take to get you guys the right one.

On another note... I did figure out why I got it instead of you all. He didn't order it from AA, he actually bought it through Poly Performance, which is where he got the PSC kit from. Well, the PSC kit was shipped to me, so what I am assuming is that when they typed in his name, My address came up from the steering kit purchase, and they didn't double check the ship to address.

Whens the camera going to be back?

should be tomorrow or Monday, apparently you cannot drop it through the rusted floorboards of a 54 jag as your upside down taking pictures lol that was not on the warning label

fantastic on the transfer case, its always something holding up progress, right now I'm waiting on the raptor liner to show up but still nothing yet....

Garth would you mind if I come by Monday afternoon and look? I promise I'll drive my Jeep, I've got to pick up a seat at the Harley dealership and I'll be in the neighborhood.

sorry been waiting for a halfway pretty day to pull it out and wash it, that day came a few days ago and I have been so busy I have not been able to update.....
IMAG0032-1.jpg

IMAG0036-1.jpg

IMAG0038-1.jpg

then into the booth it goes for the 4 hours of prep that it took lol there are a lot of little holes underneath
IMAG0040-1.jpg

IMAG0044-1.jpg

IMAG0045-1.jpg

IMAG0046-1.jpg

the raptor liner came out great, the only down side is that it takes a full week before we can start bolting stuff to it....only got a couple days left...more pictures coming tomorrow

wow! talk about ALOT of work for an xj!

keep it up

That bedliner/undercoating looks like Da Bomb!

That is really clean!!! I'd hate to get it muddy!!

That is really clean!!! I'd hate to get it muddy!!

naw....getting it muddy is the whole point of doing that....you just hose it off and it's all good.

It should make it stout as crap against rocks and scuffs. I'd love to line the whole underside of mine but I got to say, I'm not gonna go to all that work to do it.:laugh:

It should make it stout as crap against rocks and scuffs. I'd love to line the whole underside of mine but I got to say, I'm not gonna go to all that work to do it.:laugh:

nope. I wouldn't go there unless I had other reasons to take it all apart....I'm doing the spray on undercoating/bedliner junk as needed when adding things....after cut and welded rear wheel wells...sprayed them down good, etc...

it is a lot of work for some undercoating but it does only take a hose and a few minutes to clean it all up....

got some more stuff in and more work done today
IMAG0050-1.jpg

valve springs....
IMAG0053.jpg

cross cut, stainless steel and larger valves...with more time for the build we were able to get some more custom stuff that takes more time to get
IMAG0054-1.jpg

double roller timing chain
IMAG0052.jpg

the undercoat was dry enough today to get the suspension back under it
IMAG0048-1.jpg

IMAG0049-1.jpg

put the bumper and rock sliders on, again, to once again mock up the cage lol
IMAG0055-1.jpg

forgot started to gasket match the head
IMAG0051.jpg

excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard....:cheers:

What? No 505 Performance roller cam conversion?

Boring... :speepin:

Haha, just kidding. Looking good guys. Whats the deal with the atlas? You guys heard anything from AA? I sent the wrong one back today since they finally sent me a return shipping label.

no we have gotten nothing from AA, not really sure whats up with that but I know that I need that transfer case bad....

chuckstr me and you both...I have to build this while my little xj just sits in the parking lot with a sad face lol

gotta head to the shop now, the new valve guides should be in today so I can finish putting the engine together

yeah. how did it do at summertown?

Back