• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redneck Makeover Build

ha, that's funny...

my guess is, they have been really busy doing the build, and haven't had time to worry about pics and a write up on here.
So let's hope the jeep is done, and the pics and story will be posted up soon! :)

:D

Sorry to disappoint guys... but I went up there last night to return some of the parts I forgot to send with the Jeep when they picked it up that night. When I arrived I was very disappointed. There has been no updates because nothing had been done. In 10 days about a day's worth of work was done. It looked just as it did when it left my shop, but there was no engine, no trans, and the grille and front bumper was off... Im not sure what the deal was. Garth wasn't there so I couldn't ask him what was up. One guy just told me they had "engine issues" but Im not sure what that means. He also said that they tried to build a cage but they couldn't get the tubing to not kink... also weird.

Anywho, my part got done, and I am very curious as to what went so terriblly wrong when it left my shop. I was hoping to see the bad ass jeep Garth spoke so highly of, but was really let down when it didn't happen. So, what went wrong? I mean, I know it wasn't much time, but like I said, I saw about a day's worth of work done, max. What happened to the other 9 days?

I know Aaron was supposed to come get it today and drive it to AZ, but last I heard he was headed up with a U-haul. Did he take the jeep and his parts? I'm just curious. That is a super nice shop with some super cool tools and with the right people working with them I expected something awesome! Im sad I didn't get to see it.

Sorry dude, I posted all that I had. Just bring her on down to the shop and I'll fix it up for you. Oh, and FWIW, that style bracket will not work on a regular 30 without... Well, lets just say there's a trick to it and unfortunately I'm not planning on disclosing that to the public anytime soon.

:angel:

By the way... somebody mentioned that it seemed as if I was talking smack about Garth's shop. I am not doing that at all. They have some really cool stuff in there and it looked as though they do really cool work. I am just curious as to what went so wrong. Garth wasn't there so I wasn't able to talk to him about it in person while I was there. Just wanted to clear that up, definitely not saying they aren't a good shop! Just curious haha.

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted anything about this build, when Tyler stopped by there was a lot more in motion that could be seen. We decided to go a different direction, instead of building it in ten days and hurrying to get it out we decided to take our time and give more attention to the details, little things that make the big difference in the end. Here is where we are at right now, there are several parts getting ceramic coated, we have decided to sand blast every piece and paint it, no reason to dig in this deep and short on certain things. last week we started tearing apart the jeep even further more to come for this week but here are some pictures of where we are at.....

the body.... getting it ready for the frame stiffners
IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

now on to the small details.....some of the engine parts
IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

Since I can't take pictures while I'm painting....this is the best I can do
IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

this is what happens when your face is pressed too hard against the sand blaster...luckily I was not injured in this tragic event lol
IMAG0118.jpg

On to the engine....this is after the bath and some paint a bore and some balancing....
IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

the head getting ported and polished...
IMAG0117.jpg

Nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product.

That engine is awfully pretty....not sure Aaron has enough miles under his rump to handle all that!:dunno:

Yay! I like pictures...
Gonna be a cool jeep

I laser cut some axle end sway bar mounts just like that for mine. .25" mild steel almost exactly like that. The first time I took a turn on the highway they bent over. I plan to do the same thing again just put a small gusset on either side. Have you run these on the road yet?

Edit: dumb question for obvious reasons... Let me rephrase. Have you used that setup before successfully?

Those are high grade 3/8" steel. They are also welded to the spring plate and I think I put a gusset on it to but I can't remember. They shouldn't bend unless he flexes it way out with the sway bar still on.

That looks like an awful lot of work to get the change out of the seats...:D
Can't wait to see more progress.:thumbup:

Those are high grade 3/8" steel. They are also welded to the spring plate and I think I put a gusset on it to but I can't remember. They shouldn't bend unless he flexes it way out with the sway bar still on.

Maybe the fact that they're 3/8s made the difference. I was sorta skeptical about using the 1/4" stuff but I did... and it bent. I wish I still had access to that laser... :(

How is that thing mounted up? You can't call it trail damage if you drop it on it's side. lol

the back is mounted to the factory rear bumper location (with reinforcement) and the front is mounted down the frame rail, it won't drop on its side just rotate lol at least thats what we are hoping for....

if it does fall we will just rub some dirt on it and all will be ok then

Back