• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovery Tow Straps

XJBeacher

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I got a hold four extra 15' x 2" Tow Straps with Forged Steel Hooks
Features Monster WeaveStrapping
10,000lb Load
Silver protectant finish offers 3x corrosion resistance
Forged steel with retaining clip
Storage bag included

$15.00

PM Sent

XJBeacher said:
Okay, I got a hold four extra 15' x 2" Tow Straps with Forged Steel Hooks
Features Monster WeaveStrapping
10,000lb Load
Silver protectant finish offers 3x corrosion resistance
Forged steel with retaining clip
Storage bag included

$15.00

Hasta Hasta Hasta

If I may ask, what's so bad about these straps?

if that strap gives... metal hooks can fly. they'll bust thru windows, dent panels, dent your face.... Its safer to use closed loop-end recovery straps. The retaining clips on these may make them a bit safer if your tow hooks have retaining clips also i suppose... But i still wouldn't prefer these to hookless straps.

CommandoXJ96 said:
if that strap gives... metal hooks can fly. they'll bust thru windows, dent panels, dent your face.... Its safer to use closed loop-end recovery straps. The retaining clips on these may make them a bit safer if your tow hooks have retaining clips also i suppose... But i still wouldn't prefer these to hookless straps.

x2 - be afraid, very afraid.

sjbond67 said:
sooo cut the damn things off.... thats what i did

That's what I was kind of thinking. Some quick work with a dremel.

Metal makes for a nasty projectiale(sp?). Like said above, a little dremel work will save in recovery cost, yours that is. Better to use a shackle to connect to.

Okay, guys thanks for the info. Now my personal tow strap no longer has the metal hooks, I just got at it with a grinder. I will leave the hooks on the new straps so that who ever buys it can remove the hooks or leave them on.
I now have only 3 left....

Back