• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Winch Bumper

WebDog

NAXJA Forum User
So I am spending the weekend working on the CAD files for the new rear bumpers we are working on. Remi suggested why not do a rear winch bumper, I can't find a single company that makes a commercially available rear winch bumper. I have only seen one or two custom jobs.

It would come standard with full frame tie in, 4 1/2" bolts on the bottom and 8 stock bolts on the back.

I would like to see an integrated 2" receiver for towing with.

Any thoughts, would this be of any interest to anyone? I personally would love a rear winch.

Because it will be CNC cut and press formed, we could offer this as a kit in addition to the fully welded one.

I will be using a portable receiver style mount to switch from front to rear depending on the predicament. In the past, I generally needed to pull myself back out of being stuck rather than further into a nasty spot. What would I would be in the market for is a mount and custom wiring kit that made the install easy, with a clean fit and finish.

I will be using a portable receiver style mount to switch from front to rear depending on the predicament. In the past, I generally needed to pull myself back out of being stuck rather than further into a nasty spot. What would I would be in the market for is a mount and custom wiring kit that made the install easy, with a clean fit and finish.

The wiring kits already exist and are offered under the ARB brand I believe, with the quick connect cables. As for the mount there is more than one companies making them already.

Been looking at these but some competition is always good. Besides I'd rather keep my money with the smaller manufacturers. I generally find they have better products and service.

Ill look into the different options, I may offer a winch tray.

This weekend was going to be a prototype weekend, but the CNC fried a controller chip friday night so I am just going crazy in CAD getting all my ideas drawn up until the new controller comes monday...

What about a tire carrier option also.....

What about a tire carrier option also.....

That could be a option.

I am redesigning the rear bumper anyway to get away from using box tube, so there might be 4 versions.

* rear bumper
* rear bumper with tire carrier
* rear winch bumper
* rear winch bumper with tire carrier

Here is a photo of the cut and fold rear bumper, i could easily fit a winch behind it with minimal design changes.

381308_253838947998324_124064200975800_699706_1956612755_n.jpg

I like it.... Do you use a trailer spindle for your tire carrier option?

No, to keep the bumper profile it looks like I will be doing a custom double sheer setup. using a 1.125" grade 8 bolt as the pivot. Next week I should have all the parts to build the prototype.

Is there any new update on the rear winch bumper. I would really be intersted in this one. Be really interesting if you can make it with the cut and fold match flawlessly with the bumper lines and still have a winch hid-a-way spot, also still incorporate the two reverse flood light holes.

Webdog, been awhile any news on this? Are you still planning to build these?

Its on my list of things to look into, I can't count the number of times I wished I had a winch on the back. Right now I am just swamped at the shop and probably won't have much time until I bring in more help to look into this.

Happy to hear that your busy. I understand. This weekend I wish I had a rear winch would have been alot easier..... I guess if I want it that bad I'll have to get out the plasma and welder....

Wish list....Rear bumper with spare tire mount, gas can mount, high lift, shovel, winch, bottle opener, hitch receiver, stripper pole. Strong as f%$k.
Keep it at $450 for the kit.
IN, WINNING.

With in the next yeay I'll be in the market for one of these since I'm starting the build pile. I would really love to have one of these. I've already got a winch to go inot the spot.

Definitely would want a tire carrier for me and if a hidden winch mount could be done *and* a rear hitch hole implemented, I think you would be selling them like hotcakes. Talk about options! :)

Back