• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear disc brake kit???

Alright guys, not to highjack the thread, but I found a guy who's parting out a ZJ, I asked about the rear axle and he said its a D35 with rear disks. My question is: Can I swap the rear disks from a D35 onto my rear C8.25 29slp?? Or does it have to be a D44??

Alright guys, not to highjack the thread, but I found a guy who's parting out a ZJ, I asked about the rear axle and he said its a D35 with rear disks. My question is: Can I swap the rear disks from a D35 onto my rear C8.25 29slp?? Or does it have to be a D44??

You can but I think the center hole will need to be made bigger due to different tube diameters! I had to do it for my 44 using the crown vic parts it's not that hard

Yea, the center hole needs to be bored out to get to the 3" tube diameter of the 8.25, if using ZJ brakes.

100_4853.jpg

I used this.

100_4849.jpg

Really? Any pics of this setup?

-Alex

Sorry no pics. Very simple though. Buy (2) 1/2 ton brake stands, mount your 1/2 ton calipers to them. Hold them on your rear rotor correctly then blow some compressed air through the line to compress the caliper on the rotor. Tack the stand in place on the axle along with some gussets.

Back