• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE springs

I would think you would get even less lift in the front than that. A stock Zj front should be about a 2"+lift. Add a 2" spacer and you should have been at about 4" before.
Maybe my ZJ springs were sagged, but I only got 3 - 3 1/2". That minus the 5" or so most people seem to get fromt he 4.5" coils before settling is why I thought the 1" was a little low.
Added my 2" spacer back in today and it leveled her out pretty nicely.

R.E. evidently has bought some or all of their leaf packs from other countries for many years. The Indian R.E. packs I owned were bought several years ago.
It appears that even after being bought out of bankruptcy by 4 Wheel Parts, that they are still using out of country vendors.
I can only hope their standards have risen.

Don't feel too bad, I've had sales reps lie to me for decades.
Many of them are only interested in selling parts and expect to change jobs every year or two. Integrity is not part of their equation.
Consider this to be a learning experience.:)

When Trans bought RE, they went out of their way to make sure that when they were brought back online, the line stayed true and their suppliers stayed the same. It is true the leafs are sourced from overseas, but they always have been. So are the leafs from just about every suspension manufacturer on the market. It's just a fact of life. Your rep didn't lie to you, he just didn't know better. Most of RE's parts are US-Made, and they promote themselves as a "Made in the USA" suspension line, which is true. But, like every manufacturer in the USA (Including Ford, GM, and ChryCo), some parts are sourced outside the US, to keep costs manageable.

Since Trans bought RE, they have improved significantly. Their inventory position is the best it has ever been. The biggest problem people had was the inability to get parts. That is a thing of the past now. They also had customer service problems, and that was one of the first priorities when they came on board.

Their marketing is better, their parts are better, and their ability to fill orders is better. And the best part is, they are still here!

The RE 7.5" Long arm kit for the XJ is the best on the market, and you can still buy it!

(I happen to know a little bit of how the RE transition occurred, and how they have been managed since the change in ownership; there has been at least one dedicated Jeeper who has been involved in the changeover since the very beginning ;))

Back