• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rats with Hooves:

Yup, at some point I need to make a parts run from the dealer, some clutch parts for the diesel, new 4x4 emblems, freedom sticker, and a couple of JEEP front emblems.

Oh, and a new CRD emblem.

If you actually find some freedom stickers get 2 extras and i will pay you for them i would like some just in case

Did I happen to mention that I hate you for stealing that XJ out from under me at the auction? I'm yellaheep fer cryin' out loud.........That was MY rig....... :D

Why did you even bother driving up the price for me if you weren't going to win?

If you actually find some freedom stickers get 2 extras and i will pay you for them i would like some just in case

Projeep said it would be 2-3 days to get them in from the time ordered.

I always liked the WJ/KJ badges. A little cleaner look than the sport type Freedom decals.

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2...de=JAU&Product_Code=FEE&Category_Code=Emblems

I never liked those badges and long ago decided if I ever got one of those Freedoms I would need to replace the badges with the XJ Freedom badges.

So I've been running around taking care of other things, and even though I've had my parts for a month now I finally got around to painting them.

I used some low VOC paint I got in california(which is where I painted the fender the first time), this is weird stuff, has a odd smell, but not much of a smell compared to a urethane or acrylic. What I like about this paint(and also what I don't like) is that it doesn't set up very quickly. Which makes it a little longer to spray something, but when you do finish your final coverage coat and have good color on everything, you let it sit, and 20 mins later it glosses over nicely.

Then an hour later its still too tacky to handle. After about 1.5 hours I moved the parts out into the sun to let them cure. I will let the parts cure overnight and then again in the sun tomorrow before installing them thursday morning. With fresh paint when you apply pressure(like when trying to get a fender to go into place) you can leave imprints if it hasn't cured 100%.

yellow73.jpg

Your paint job looks professional. Excellent job. But the damage I saw on the Jeep ... maybe there was something I missed, but I wouldn't have swapped the fender. I've called the PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) guy for my ZJ, XJ and Dodge. XJ door got squished between trees & he fixed it for 200 bux, 45 mnutes work, good as new, you can't tell. It's a great system. And with your painting skills you probably could have fixed/blended the spot on top. Just saying ...

Regardless, that's the best home grown paint job I've ever seen.

So I've been running around taking care of other things, and even though I've had my parts for a month now I finally got around to painting them.

I used some low VOC paint I got in california(which is where I painted the fender the first time), this is weird stuff, has a odd smell, but not much of a smell compared to a urethane or acrylic. What I like about this paint(and also what I don't like) is that it doesn't set up very quickly. Which makes it a little longer to spray something, but when you do finish your final coverage coat and have good color on everything, you let it sit, and 20 mins later it glosses over nicely.

Then an hour later its still too tacky to handle. After about 1.5 hours I moved the parts out into the sun to let them cure. I will let the parts cure overnight and then again in the sun tomorrow before installing them thursday morning. With fresh paint when you apply pressure(like when trying to get a fender to go into place) you can leave imprints if it hasn't cured 100%.

yellow73.jpg

Your paint job looks professional. Excellent job. But the damage I saw on the Jeep ... maybe there was something I missed, but I wouldn't have swapped the fender. I've called the PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) guy for my ZJ, XJ and Dodge. XJ door got squished between trees & he fixed it for 200 bux, 45 mnutes work, good as new, you can't tell. It's a great system. And with your painting skills you probably could have fixed/blended the spot on top. Just saying ...

Regardless, that's the best home grown paint job I've ever seen.

The fender was all sorts of bent up. New one was $45. There no way PDR would have been better.

Nice! We ran a single turbo at 22 pounds on my moms 90 2 seater coupe. They are fun cars

Yes they are. I also have a 96 TT with 9044 original miles. I previously have owned a 93 red convertible NA, and a 90 2+2.

The vert isn't being driven much these days, right rear original shock went out and I don't want to spend the money for coilovers right now. Then my plastic convertible window took a beating in the hail early this summer and is pretty chewed up. Plus its almost empty. Oh and my AC pressure valve went out, so I need to do some AC work.

Combined with the fact that when I drive it I get 12MPG city it'd better for me to drive the Jeep daily.

Damn always something needing some kind of work. Bet you will never say you get better gas with the jeep again :)

Back