• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random Picture Thread Part 2

familyguypeternofatchickstshir.jpg

Chero-King said:
Now, how the hell did that happen?

Driving down a city street at about 25 or so, didn't see it, but must have clipped the chunk of leaf spring with the front tire, and it impaled itself into the rear. Kinda pole-vaulted the back end of my Jeep up and then right back down, sounded like a bomb went off. The chunk of leaf went straight through the tread, and through the wheel.

Lucky for me, I had a full-size, matching spare wheel (and a friend with a spare steelie for the time being). I've never seen a wheel break like that, and I'm just glad I wasn't going faster.

orangegilly said:
Driving down a city street at about 25 or so, didn't see it, but must have clipped the chunk of leaf spring with the front tire, and it impaled itself into the rear. Kinda pole-vaulted the back end of my Jeep up and then right back down, sounded like a bomb went off. The chunk of leaf went straight through the tread, and through the wheel.

Lucky for me, I had a full-size, matching spare wheel (and a friend with a spare steelie for the time being). I've never seen a wheel break like that, and I'm just glad I wasn't going faster.

wait so there was a chunk of leaf spring just SITTING IN THE STREET!? wish i could hear the story behind that one too

shortxjdoug said:
wait so there was a chunk of leaf spring just SITTING IN THE STREET!? wish i could hear the story behind that one too

Yeah, I wish I had been paying attention. I may have seen it, but that section of road (about 1 mile from my house) has a lot of potholes, tar snakes, and patches, so it didn't exactly stand out.

I'd love to find the guy whose spring it was, and shove it up his ssa. I did get $15 from the scrap metal guy for my rim, though. Yay.

XJFire said:
This is the second time I have seen a vehicle on a hilift with its tires on fire. What gives?!?!

They are trying to reseat a bead using starter fluid after the bead has slipped off.

Chris

You runined it, should have let him continue to think that hi-lifts cause tire fires!

<jk />

Back