• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rancho RS9000's or OME NitroChargers

I've had 9000's with the remote for about 10 years. Never had any trouble.

i loved my 9000's. the adjustability is GREAT.

Ome longtravels on the front and rancho 9000s on the back....
Go with the Ome shocks all around youll never look back or be unhappy...
themud

no experience with OME, but I've had RS9000's on 2 different vehicles, including my XJ, and love the adjustability. 1 for my wife when she needs to drive it. 2-4 (on the old 5 spds) for my daily rush to work! Can't beat it. Don't believe the Rancho recs on 3 inch lift shocks either. I now have 2 sets of RS9000's that are too short for my 3 inch lift! :wave:

Dookie said:
i loved my 9000's. the adjustability is GREAT.

I took my POS 9000s off for warranty and used the credit to get Bilstein 5125s. I'll never have another shock on a vehicle...

...unless it's OME shocks with their springs.

Never like my RS9000s on my XJ, and wallowed out the bushings with little to no use.

The OMEs have held up to some abuse and the ride is still okay. However, I'll be going the same route as EKSJAY.

So in my experience OME>RS9K.

Fergie

Never tried OME, but have heard nothing but good things about them.I run the RS9000X- 10"travel front 8" travel rear- and love them.Never have had any problems with them.I got them mainly for the adjustability feature otherwise I probably would have went with OME or Bilstein.

I post another vote for OME Nitros. Had the Ranchos on before, and never had any problems, loved the adjustability factor, blah blah blah..... Then I changed the entire springs/shocks to OMEs, and MAN, the reason I liked the ranchos is because I didnt know any better. Adjustabiliy, FEH!!

Had the 9000's on for 3 years, good shocks and the dial-a-ride was cool. Currently running the OME's and love them. Talked with Dirk at DPG and he helped me pimp my ride. I went with the RE 5.5" HD lift. I had already raised my rear lower shock mounts. So I went with the OME shocks (rear) from the 4.5" lift and it worked out well.

Back