• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ram Offroad Park!

Ram_Offroad_Park_06.jpg

Yer smokin' crack Mason.

:doh:
I meant the rear axle. It LOOKS like it's sittin a little towards the front, no?
Look at it in this pic...

Ram_Offroad_Park_18.jpg

Rear leafs with a shackle travel in an arc- the tires move forward when drooping. In that second pic you reference it's especially bad because the weight of the vehicle has straightened out the spring and made the shackle into basically an extension of that plane. When it compresses it does so properly, but I see where you're coming from. Here's a reference picture for proper compression:

Ram_Offroad_Park_10.jpg

Yeah, totally worth it. They're Ion Alloy 171's 15x8's in Black (lots of backspacing: 27mm)... my Ford 9's are standard XJ width and they fill in under the Bushwackers perfectly in my opinion. About $100/each from rimzoneonline.com delivered with valve stems. Link here. Second set I've bought through them- good company.

About the rims- I should warn you that you'll need Toyota-style "E/T" lug nuts because they have a way to get more thread down the lug holes, which for some reason are really deep. That company "Gorilla" offers them... I lost a lug stud bolt once because I tried to use regular acorn lug nuts first. Not a fun popping sound to hear while you're driving.

Ram_Offroad_Park_06.jpg

Yer smokin' crack Mason. Take a longer look - that's what a properly set up MODIFIED front suspension on 36"-37" tires will end up looking like. You sir haven't had a whole lot of experience building at this level...... quit flappin' yer biscuits - watch and learn....... :thumbup:

I'd like to see the Chapter set up a meet and greet at this place for the 'Springs M&G...... could be fun! :thumbup:

I'd be down for that !

About the rims- I should warn you that you'll need Toyota-style "E/T" lug nuts because they have a way to get more thread down the lug holes, which for some reason are really deep. That company "Gorilla" offers them... I lost a lug stud bolt once because I tried to use regular acorn lug nuts first. Not a fun popping sound to hear while you're driving.

Thanks for the warning. I'm actually hoping to find them in 8 lug, and the lug nuts I use on the truck are the really really long ones, so I think they should do alright.

Found this thread.
I would like to do a memorial run/ M&G for Hollis.
Since he is no longer with us.

Would there be any interest?

I still have to get my jeep going again but it shouldn't be long.

If you are interested in a memorial run/ M&G at ram please post up.

It will be at least a month out. I don't want to say for sure and not show up.
I'm still battling death wobble. Soooo. It's just an idea right now.

Just seeing who would want to go.

If I make it down to help JDXJ move than I'll bring that heim and those high-misalignment washers with me.

I only met him once in a DUI check point. Lol
We were talking while waiting in line.
It was the day I bought my green jeep.

I think it would be cool way to remember a deseased member of NAXJA.
You know he would be happy to see us all get together for him!

Back