• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiators

Judd W. VA said:
In all my years i have never seen a radiator honestly blow because of the rad cap sticking.....
Know this was a few pages ago, but I was behind the wheel when a plastic tank split down the side due to overheating. Rad cap never let go. All the coolant went up in a puff of steam. Roughly 8" melted gash in the plastic. Happened in a Mazda Protege.

I understand, but.....

This still does not mean the cap stuck!! To me it indicates the probablility that the tank just couldn't take the normal working pressure any longer. To be sure, you would have had to test the cap. Not a big deal with a system tester-

Is not out of the ordinary for me not to go with the general consensus on things, and my preference of alum/plastic rads still stands. Overall in my experience they outperform others...all except the mega-buck all aluminum Be Kools and the such.

Back