• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R.I.P. Rob Buck

KRONIK

NAXJA Forum User
today is July 29th.
my dads birthday and the day i joined NAXJA.(1 year ago)
26574_101104386599876_100001009447298_6824_3479439_n.jpg

my dad passed away in a dune buggy we built from scratch together.
he rolled it 6 and a half times on my grandmothers birthday, march 1st 2002.
i was just a youngin when i watched him die in front of my eyes.
i had to make the ultimate decision to pull the plug and let him go to a better place.
yeah it was hard, but everyday i feel him watching over me.
i feel like he is the reason i am here. not because he is my dad, but because i can feel him watching over. i feel like everything happens for a reason and i do believe he has helped guide me through.
i am a tattoo artist. i love it.
i have some awesome people in my life. both friends and family. (including some awesome people i have met on NAXJA)

at one point i wished that i could give everything to spend one more day with my dad.

then i met my wife, still something was missing.
i wished i was in the clouds with my pops..
i still wanted to give everything for just one more day.

then i found tattooing. tattooing is not something that you can just walk into and do. its not something that is offered to just anyone.
and is rarely "offered". i went to get my first tattoo(memorial piece for my dad)i found the best artist i could and took my ideas to him.
well the artist who did that piece on my arm asked me if i would be interested in tattooing for a living. he saw my talent and decided to take a chance on me.
needless to say i took the offer presented to me and became a tattoo artist.

i am still missing something in my life and sometimes think.... i would give all my talent and everything i have to see him one more time. just to say i love you dad.
but i now know that he would not want that, in fact he would kick my ass just for saying that.
i close my eyes and i see his face, i can see his arms, i can see his awesome smile and his blue eyes. and all i can think now is.... DAD, i now know you left me behind to remind me of you.
25454_1274873199499_1460017299_30641368_2606382_n.jpg

picture from the year i was born
248856_204948462882134_100001009447298_558954_4431074_n.jpg

my dad and his GTO
24173_103493463027635_100001009447298_27141_651763_n.jpg

the point of this thread is to remind everyone to live everyday as it is your last and if you still have your loved ones, appreciate them and the time you have with them.

i was 12 when i watched him die in front of me. i am now 22 will be 23 august 25. i wish he wouldnt have handed me his helmet before he went to turn the dune buggy around...
i miss you dad, Happy Birthday!
R.I.P. Robert (Rob) Buck
brother in the wind.

thank you for reading if you took the time to read! :peace:

here are a few songs i have dedicated to him.
please listen to the words if you have time!
the streets- never went to church
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygzSXn3oxKU
potluck-my dad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJupDKM0Yl0
atmosphere- yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEHTTFOwsDs
sevendust- angels son(my dads favorite song) hard to watch the music video they made to go with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpP0b_CQQi4&ob=av2e
garth brooks- the dance- only one i could find
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZnnijsStQk

thanks again if you took the time to read and listen!

:thumbup: our fathers, I think, leave their marks on us all in a unique way, some good, some bad, but always there. You're alright, Cody, and I mean that in more than one way -- you deal with your grief, you remember the joy, and you live the best life you can because thats what fathers want for their kids. I miss mine every day, and am immensely thankful that I was lucky enough to have at least a few years of "adult" relationship with him, where we could talk and share as equals, although of course always with a fatherly tilt.

:cheers: here's to Rob's memory, and that of all our fathers who have moved on to greener pastures!

Dammit Cody! You made me cry at work, I had to go hide in the truck for a few minutes and then pretend my allergies were bothering me.
Your dad sounds like someone I would have been proud to know.
Your doing him right by keeping his memory alive. Thanks for reminding me that I should be doing the same.
He'd be proud of you Cody! You're a good guy.

Nice thread Cody. If i were in Colorado id make time to come get a tat from you and just to hear some stories. Good luck with your future and thanks for the story.

Dammit Cody! You made me cry at work, I had to go hide in the truck for a few minutes and then pretend my allergies were bothering me.
Your dad sounds like someone I would have been proud to know.
Your doing him right by keeping his memory alive. Thanks for reminding me that I should be doing the same.
He'd be proud of you Cody! You're a good guy.
thanks man! sorry for making you :bawl:
i just feel if i share with others, it may help someone else.
and at the same time he lives through my actions and words.
he is the reason i am who i am.

just wish i would of had more time with him. i see all these people that still have there fathers and dont take advantage of the time they have with them....
i loved spending time with my dad. it kinda breaks my heart to see people waste there valuable time because the are too busy living what they think is THE LIFE.
ive lost pretty much all of my family... so ya, i live a crazy life.
if i could go back and change the past.... i dont think i would change anything except all the times i asked him if i could go play with friends. i wish i would have stayed with him and spent that little bit of time with him.

just remember that family and friends are life. not money and success. ya its nice but what good is it if you have no one to share it with?

Very heart-felt and strong, Cody. Glad you have taken what could have easily become a very dark time and turned it around and used it as a positive influence in your life. Keep on living and enjoying life one day at a time, man! :)

Very heart-felt and strong, Cody. Glad you have taken what could have easily become a very dark time and turned it around and used it as a positive influence in your life. Keep on living and enjoying life one day at a time, man! :)
thanks man! thats all i can do! life goes on no matter what.
i cant change the past, all i can do is embrace the future and hope for the best.

Im sure he is smiling down on you. Thank you for reminding me to live life and call my dad more often. Ya made me cry too, just so happens today is my birthday and I have a son named Cody. Keep on doing what you're doing, he's as proud of you as you are of him.

Im sure he is smiling down on you. Thank you for reminding me to live life and call my dad more often. Ya made me cry too, just so happens today is my birthday and I have a son named Cody. Keep on doing what you're doing, he's as proud of you as you are of him.
thank you and you are very welcome!
its crazy how things work out with the birthdays and names.
all the more reason to believe he is watching over! lol

:thumbup: our fathers, I think, leave their marks on us all in a unique way, some good, some bad, but always there. You're alright, Cody, and I mean that in more than one way -- you deal with your grief, you remember the joy, and you live the best life you can because thats what fathers want for their kids. I miss mine every day, and am immensely thankful that I was lucky enough to have at least a few years of "adult" relationship with him, where we could talk and share as equals, although of course always with a fatherly tilt.

:cheers: here's to Rob's memory, and that of all our fathers who have moved on to greener pastures!

Couldn't have said it better Chris. :thumbup:

I lost my dad on November 30, 2002 (2 days after Thanksgiving) to a car accident.:(
The thing I miss the most is our every-Saturday phone calls (Pop lived in Tennessee) where we'd just shoot the shit for about an hour or so.

On a lighter note: Cody, your dad looks a little like a young James Hetfield in that first pic.

Last edited:
I see a lot of him, in you, in the "bird" photo. Thanks for sharing.

I'm heading to Alaska with my dad next month. I'm going to try to make the most of every moment.

On a lighter note: Cody, your dad looks a little like a young James Hetfield in that first pic.

THANK YOU!!!! Man, I was really trying to figure out who he reminded me of...... James Hetfield indeed. :thumbup:

Definitely looks like a real cool guy Cody, no doubt you miss him.

Gonna spend some quality time with my pops tomorrow shooting some guns and cruise Horsetooth in his new-to-him boat. :thumbup:

thank you everyone for the kind words!
between tattooing and working on the jeep, i was able to keep my mind positive and not dwell on what is usually a really hard day for me to get through.
im glad some of you decided to call or go see you fathers.
im sure they are very happy to see or talk to you.

NAXJA is like my therapy.....
i cant go and talk to some random therapist. so NAXJA..... thank you for being my therapist! lol

Happy birthday Buck!

You done good with the kid: If he ever has one of his own, he'll be a great dad too!

Always going to be a tough day... But keeping him in your mind will make you stronger. He is looking down on you and smiling at what you've become.

Continue to Rest In Peace Rob.

Back