• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick reminder

bigalpha

If you are loosening lugnuts, and you are using one of those x-shaped lug-wrenches be careful.

I hit myself in the shin with it while I was breaking the lugs loose. It hurts. Don't do it.

:conceited

Doh!

We have a name for the trailer ball on our work truck... the shinknocker. Walk too closely around the tailgate and wham.

Funny part is we never learn.

Yeah, I think I learned. When you're stepping on the lug wrench, make sure your foot is 90* to the bar, so when the other end of the 'x' shape rotates around, it doesn't smash your shin.

So you were standing on a 4 way? Good way to break studs.

Yes. It worked wonderfully ... as long as was standing 90* to the 4 way, and not parallel with it.

I've always been told and read that you can use your body weight to break lugs loose. Otherwise, how are you supposed to do it?

Grab the opposite perpendicular ends and use an equal counterclockwise rotational pull. NEVER stand on on a 4 way unless the end opposite the lugnut is supported and will not move on the vertical plane.

watch out for the chromed weld holding the two bars together too... i sliced my thumb open on that one time. that taught me to wear leather gloves any time i'm working with it.

My friend Scott learned this weekend why you should always keep your head out from between the HiLift and the HiLift handle.
He's got nine stitches, a nice new hospital bill and an angry wife to remind him next time.

No, I figured the responses would range from "you can't do that" to "you're an idiot" to "that happened to me" to "try this next time" to "what's a tire" to 'STFU and GTFO".

Man don't you know you can't do that, your such an idiot, it's not like that ever happened to me, try using the right tool next time, what's a tire anyway? Why don't you just STFU and GTFO.

There do you feel better now?

Man don't you know you can't do that, your such an idiot, it's not like that ever happened to me, try using the right tool next time, what's a tire anyway? Why don't you just STFU and GTFO.

There do you feel better now?

Amazing ...

:worship:

Back