• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about XJ VS. the Badlands?

fastv6

NAXJA Forum User
Hello every one. I am relatively new to the Jeep XJ, so far so good. The truck so far is bone stock. I am very interested and meeting at the badlands for a little axle flexing. I have not been to the Badlands in about 11 years. Back then I had a severely modified full-size K5 Blazer all locked etc. I had no problems plus I was 16 and did not fear anything. Now I am married with kids and look at wheeling a little differently. Is there wheeling that my stock 84 XJ can handle there now, or should I wait for a trip later, I have many modifications planned once it gets above freezing. I love this truck so far, great in the snow. My family and I can not wait to see what it can do off road. Your replies are appreciated. :greensmok

Ok... I am newbie too. I went several months ago with a smaller group and had a great time.
I was pretty much stock, 2" and 31's... the tires made the biggest difference.
From what i saw and did.. you will do fine in a stock vehicle. There are ways around the harder obstacles and these guys wont let anyone get stranded. Just choose your lines carefully, take your time and a stock XJ would be ok.
When it comes time to line up for the trail.. make sure you get in the right line.. the trails vary from mild to wild... have fun.. hope to see ya there.

Hope hat made sense..
Others should chime in with their opinions!

Thank you to all who replied. I guess my only obsticle left is to make sure this thing is trail worthy before I start out. If I dont make the one in Feb, I will absolutely make one of the later ones. I am left with the 2.8. Anyone know where I can get the fluid types I need for trans, transfer case? It has the 5 speed trans and new process case. I know the trans takes gear lube, I think at least that is what is in both trans and transfer cases at this time. Gonna change fluids but question fluid type. On my S-10 Blazers with new process transfer cases all used ATF and so have the Transmissions. Any reliable information would be greatly usefull. Thank you all, cant wait to start wheeling with XJ.

Back