• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question About Military Bases...

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me why the military would be conducting some kind of training exercise in a major city that is heavily populated, especially with some kind of explosions going off? The only reason I am asking is because in this particular case, there is a base close by, complete with fake cities and towns.

Nevermind...question answered. They have changed the information in this story since this morning. Now I've got a logical explanation to go with.

LOL@the video in the link. "Der some cracee black hellycop-ters..." "Dey flying aroun like hell...and dey comeen aroun agin."

:roflmao:

Check the news for Yuma, AZ. Every once in a while the base works out a deal with the city to do live drills and simulations for the marines about to ship out.

They have 'insurgents' (Marines in civvies) fly in on choppers in different places around the city and meet with drivers, then half an hour later the games begin. We're all over that strip of town, choppers trying to find us, using useless props to simulate threatening action... generally they use a closed school as an 'embassy'. They tell folks on the news for a couple of days leading up to the event, where and when its going to be. There's almost always spectators.

Heck we aren't even SF, we're just jarheads. :p

The SF candidates train around here all the time... The final phase before graduation involves UW ops nearby, and a bakers' dozen surrounding counties. it's been going on for a long time (decades) and still there are those who haven't got the message... like the cops sometimes. They caused a fuss while 'blowing up' the local water plant not long ago. Gotta say, it takes a ballsy -if not particularly bright- cop to rush towards the sound of machine-gun fire and explosions ;)

:dunno: I like being invaded by those cats, since when the SHTF, Pineland is gonna be the safest place on earth.

That reminds me of a situation several years ago... I was hanging out early one morning and my dawg came unglued. I peeked outside to see WTF, and spotted a patrol working their way up the draw between us and the neighbors. I laid some glass on 'em and spotted BFAs on their rifles, so that confirmed what the deal was. No need to light off the claymores that day :viking:

Woody,
I figured you would have has a SAW or 50 ready to go:D

I,m guessing the Claymore,s were just the first line--:skull2:

Wayne

Naw man, we traded them off for some granola bars, and some good local hay.

Anymore I'm into peace & love.

Although I do still have a closet Mk19 fetish. :shhh: Don't tell anyone, or they'll boot me from the commune ;)

I'm always hearing bombs going off around here. But then the MCAGCC does do an awful lot of bombing. The largest base in the world with the smallest actual living area...The rest is open land for bombing, artillery, and other such field exercises.

Same kinda crap on the East Coast around LeJeune too! Always like that there day and night.

Back