• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

qaud cab MJ?

Search isn't being your friend because you didn't spell quad right. :D

I have been wanting to do this too, with a 4bt. But to be honest that is ages down the road when I have shop space of my own.

that explains an aweful lot, ok i have two options right now. that is once i get back from colorado find a nice 97+ XJ that i can DD and wheel lightly. go for broke and do the MJ project. (not cost effective due to finding a guy to do the work) it looks like the MJ project dies here because theres no way the $4300 i got for my jeep is going to cover the cost of having the MJ built. but can easily turn into the rallyjeep :D

Last edited:
This is one I drew up some time ago...

MJcrewcab.jpg

It uses the standard longbed wheelbase, so you could keep the factory frame.

And I really think the squared off rear door would be way more trouble that it'd be worth, so I kept the stock XJ door...

Robert

This is one I drew up some time ago...

MJcrewcab.jpg

It uses the standard longbed wheelbase, so you could keep the factory frame.

And I really think the squared off rear door would be way more trouble that it'd be worth, so I kept the stock XJ door...

I really like this. I'd have to square off the bottom of the door though (yeah, I'm anal).

Once I finish my current 97 MJ build.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11834

I will be building a 97+, V8 (4.7), 4 door, LWB, 4X4 MJ. This will be a couple years down the road though. I should be done with the 97 build either late this year or early next year. Ater I move back to SoCal, The hunt will be on for a V8 WJ, early Ford truck (D44 and 9" axles), 4 door XJ, a donor MJ, and a LWB MJ. I figure that will be all the vehicles required to pull off the conversion.

I learned a ton of info by building Onyx and in turn I will take that with me to build my tow rig. Final size should be 6" lift and 36's. But it will be a couple year build to do it right.

Yup, just take the front of a back door, and the back of a front door. Weld 'em together, and thats all there is to it. It has been done before.

IMG03.jpg

img07on7.jpg
Awesome skills I wonder where it is now.
I like this one has a viabel back seat. I dont think the short bed does, they didn't show pics of that part on Ebay.

Back