• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prothane Progressive REAR Bump Stops

Lurch

NAXJA Forum User
Been messing around with my rear bump stops by making some bump pads and I wanted to upgrade the bump stops at the same time. I've had my eye on the Prothane progressive rears for some time as I run their coil spring inserts in the front and am very happy with them.

Created this spreadsheet to figure out what size bump to order. Thought I'd post it up in case anyone else wants to play around with it. The only variable is the distance between mounting surface and where the bump stop contacts. The formula is based on the bump compressing to about 80% of its unloaded height. I got this information directly from Prothane tech support. This is a little different from their coil spring inserts where the consensus is that they compress to about 60% of the unloaded height. Another rule of thumb they said is that they generally compress the width of the air gap on the bump, which makes sense.

Anyway, I hope this is useful to someone. I've locked the spreadsheet from editing, so you'll have to copy or download it to change the variables.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhmuksMx-VNydENXaWE0dHhyOVZHamtPTGl3OWxWaXc&usp=sharing

Back