• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prometheus

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody see it yet? What'd you think?

Personally I was a little disappointed.
('Not doing spoilers for the "haven't seen it/want to see it" crowd.)

I guess mainly i was disappointed in some of the early plot points. Seemed like a really unprofessional/untrained crew.

How was the 3-D?

After Avatar, it seems like every idiot that could dial a Hollywood area code thought, "Hey, we can add another "D", then double ticket prices? Let's do that!" (probably thinking about the 3-titted hooker from total recall,..) then turned their film stock over to technicians that I wouldn't allow access to a clock radio,.. thereby ruining a process James Cameron spent a couple hundred million getting right(almost the only thing he got right, but he delivered in spades!)

I see the words "digitally converted", and give up. I don't see movies in 3-D any more.

I saw MiB3 in 3D over Memorial Day weekend. The 3D effect was very "planar," it appeared like a 3D cartoon method where it's shot in a series of fixed planes. Not really worth the premium, IMHO. OTOH, if you liked MiB, go see MiB3 (better than MiB2.)

I think the 3D in this movie was executed flawlessly. It didn't look like crap, and didn't give my wife motion sickness or a headache like most 3D movies do.

I literally just got back from seeing in. I saw it in imax 3d.....wow. The visuals were insane. The plot was a little sketchy at times, but some of the stuff that they do in this movie just blows my mind. Seriously, I know alot of people can't really justify spending 15 bucks for a movie ticket, but its an experience....I will never see a movie that isn't in IMAX 3d....it just makes for so much more than just a normal screen or even normal 3D.

I would recommend going to see it....Im telling you, even if you care nothing about the alien movies or sci fi.....the visuals alone are worth the money. Ridley Scott is awesome btw!

My biggest problem was with the characters, not the plot. "Let's spent a few trillion dollars to send this flight out to deep space, then crew it with 14 incompetents." Seriously,.. Who put that team together? Was anybody in that gaggle hitting on all eight?(Maybe the captain,.. he seemed to have it together,..)

I don't know if the trailers were misleading or what (I didn't think so) but I heard several people comment about how far "out there" it was. I was baffled. It's a movie about a group of space explorers encountering a hostile alien species, what did they expect? Maybe they thought they were going to Madagascar 3 :dunno:

That being said, I thought it was entertaining enough that I'm not disappointed that I spent money on it. That's a win in my book.

Back