• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Yellow Snow"

Re: Project "REDZONE"

Project Yellow Snow is now back home in Des Moines. It sure got a lot of looks along the trip north :D

Well, I was hoping that some assembled pics of this rig would get posted up.....

Free paint job and once it is dropped off...no calls answered...I see how ya are :D

Whow whee! I can hear that paint with the speakers off! Sweet lookin rig, Collin. Just make sure you tell everyone you're coming so they are forewarned and have time to cop some shades.

Tyler, I figured you'd fall in love with it. That color is pretty close to cheese...but I guess it would need a little more red in it.

it is a cowl hod that wont clear the windshield wiper on one side...which is a common issue w/ these hoods I hear...

speaking of this thing...what the hell is the progress-regress of this project??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Indeed... Inquiring Minds would like to let you know there's some Red Necks asking questions... :gee:

Fill me in on this hood...
It is a cowl hood made by a company called Reflexxions. It's a cool looking piece, but what I've found is
1. It will not open past the first hole without taking the pass side wiper arm off.
2. It dents incredibly easy, I got on top of the cowl in socks to try to put weight on the front of the Jeep and the whole cowl flattened itself. I was able to pop it back most of the way but it still has like 4 small dents and now it has red paint showing through the yellow....awesome.

it is a cowl hod that wont clear the windshield wiper on one side...which is a common issue w/ these hoods I hear...

speaking of this thing...what the hell is the progress-regress of this project??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Right you are "Hombre de la Cheese" these hoods have a bad reputation of not opening without removing the pass wiper, in fact, I've never heard of anyone being able to do so. Sorry about the delinquency of this thread, new pics will be posted this week. Many cans of black spray paint will be used before the weather turns for the worst.

Indeed... Inquiring Minds would like to let you know there's some Red Necks asking questions... :gee:
:D Hey I'm a redneck too, there's no doubt.

Again, sorry for the delay guys, I'll try not to leave you hanging too much longer, just haven't really made a whole lot of noticeable progress, trying to sort out all my clunking and banging in the front end still...damn lifted XJs :D

Last edited:
I don't know who changed it to Yellow Snow for me but I greatly appreciate it, "REDZONE" is slightly inaccurate now :D.
Thanks!
-Collin

I don't know who changed it to Yellow Snow for me but I greatly appreciate it, "REDZONE" is slightly inaccurate now :D.
Thanks!
-Collin

:wave1:

NIIICE work Mike...I almost pissed myself when I read that :D....haha! get it, pissed..yellow snow...ahh, nevermind

This thread has gone idle for far too long. Project "Yellow Snow" has accumulated a list of new parts and projects in order to prepare for Winterfest.

Here's my mini "I hope I get it done before Winterfest list"
-Dana 44 out of an 87 XJ along with a set of 4.88s. The 30 in front will get 4.88s as well.
-Rough Country long arm kit will be ordered today or tomorrow.
-A ton of steel needs to be welded and black paint laid down.
-Rear quarters need to be cut and folded.

Other than that "minor" stuff, she's good to make the 8 hour trip. Pictures will be up this weekend of some of the new goodies and the exterior of the ol' girl. For those of you that are...thanks for following.

-Collin

well, a year later and no pics you LOSER! haha..here are a few of todays work on the ol' girl. We knocked out another front bumper from Cheeseman Fab. It was even nicer then the one I made for Red Rocket. Clean lines, good welds..man I love my new welder. JR was a huge help and I had Collin and Kaitlyn working on a shopck swap on Red Rocket and then they swapped them over to Yellow Snow. It was a hell of a productive day.

Burning in some strap......

DSCN0370.jpg

putting on some finishing touches..
DSCN0352.jpg

and ready for paint.....
DSCN0374.jpg

Tyler, I do believe your fab skillz are improving. That thing is smashing! I was a bit disappointed as you mentioned Collin and Kaitlyn working on the thing and as I scrolled down, no pics of Kaitlyn... :D

Collin, the thing is still lookin good! Is there much left to burn and turn before WF this year?:repair: Keep the good work coming.

And that was a vurry nice a$$ I couldn't stop staring at in the first pic. We need to spend a little time together around teh campfire, there buddy.:smootch:

And I realize for a post of mine, I'm really whoring up the emoticons.hasta

Last edited:
Thanks Tyler and JR for the awesome bumper, I can't tell you guys how much I enjoy it! My dad already made a comment on how great it looks and he's normally not too into this kinda thing so I was happy to hear that.

Now that you brought this thread back up Tyler, I need to get some overall rig pictures again. I will try to get it cleaned up and have the bumper painted in the next couple days here to bring you guys up to speed.

Thanks again CHZMANFAB.

Back