• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "WTFWIT"

well, as of late the rig has been having a LOT of work done with it.....I finally got the beadlocks completed, painted and installed this weekend...

beadlock.jpg

also got the new tread palte floor pans and cage mocked up this afternoon. I still need to figure out how I am going to do the final bracing from the sliders to the unibody stiffeys and tie the cage in. I have a godo idea, so I will do some card board templates and see if they will fit before I go cutting a bunch of steel.

cage.jpg

I also have added some JCR rear 1/4 guards since my last update.

DSC02126.jpg

I am also in the process of rebuilding the steering set up. I have decided to go away from the TRE set up and am going to some QA1 rod ends and I just picked up an AGR steering box as well. I am still researching if my set up willfunction better as an inverted "T" design or an inverted "Y" design. I am hopeful that I will have things back together in time for a run at Kansas Rocks with Blake (KSXJ) at the end of the month. Time will tell!!

She's coming along nicely. I like the beadlock rings!

x2 What beadlock kit is that. How to they role on the road. I've been thinking about weld on beadlocks for awhile but unsure of the road manners.

Jeeps looking real good

Roll? Tylers Jeep hasn't rolled since WF! :D

X3 the beadlocks look awesome

is it tread plate through out the whole truck?

x2 What beadlock kit is that. How to they role on the road. I've been thinking about weld on beadlocks for awhile but unsure of the road manners.

Jeeps looking real good

It is a kit from www.crawlfab.com and as far as road manners, I am not sure because I still dont have teh XJ road worthy yet (waiting on steering). As far as fit and finish of the beadlocks, they were very nicely cut and the fit was perfect...and they are only $225 shipped from Crawl Fab!

Roll? Tylers Jeep hasn't rolled since WF! :D

Well, that was just "pucker" training for a roll :D

X3 the beadlocks look awesome

is it tread plate through out the whole truck?

yeah, the tread plate runs all the cargo area and the front floor boards. I still have to finish welding and bolting it all down. Gonna take some finese' work with a sledge hammer to get some wrinkles and bends out of the floor boards :D

Well, that was just "pucker" training for a roll :D

I'm surprised Camille didn't kill you after that little ride. Luckily I came along before you tried to un-pucker yourself! :D

she was actually pretty cool about the whole thing..just a very sublte " I am out of my comfort zone" comment and she was good to go! :D The cage install is making her more comfortable with the idea of the more off camber stuff.

she was actually pretty cool about the whole thing..just a very sublte " I am out of my comfort zone" comment and she was good to go! :D The cage install is making her more comfortable with the idea of the more off camber stuff.

Yeah. Once I get a car I will start getting stiffeners and a cage together and take her off the road for a few weeks. Especially since I am getting that front axle with a locker off of Roxtar's buddy! Can't pick it up until Brewfest though.

Looking good Tyler. Your balls will get bigger with a cage in it. Best investment ever to me is a cage and a good set of harnesses. Especially when you have a 3 year old that likes to wheel too.

I hear ya Jeffery. I have been looking into the smaller harnesses and seats for Case, but at the rate he is growing I might as well get a full size seat and harness for him! :D I am kind of leaning towards the back seat being replaced by buckets or a single suspension seat located in the center for him.

I cut it where the main hoop mounts to the front legs. I cut out the original welds at those 2 bars and slid the front portion in place from the rear of the rig and I had to end up taking the rear bumper off and cutting 1/2 of the rear mounting plates off to get it to clear the rear of the Jeep. I am going to still run 2 grade 8 bolts through the remaining holes on the rear feet and weld the whole foot to the plate that will be welded and bolted down.

wow, that sounds a bit confusing when I read back through it. The tread plate in the floorboards/pans will be weled around the outer seams and some extra plug welds to secure it down and I am also running extra plate under the floor to run bolts through both layers and "sandwich" the existing floor pans in between. It is overkill, but I dont want to stop short of a metric ton of new additions :D

Got all the gussets welded into the cage and the floor pans are drilled and plugged. I am hoping that I can finish up the cage this evening if all goes as planned. And a gusset is just not as cool unless it has a skull and cross bones cut out of it! :pirateflag:

Gusset.jpg

Last edited:
Coming along nicely!! I sure SeanR will agree the cage is one of the biggest neccessities when wheeling. Especially after WFOH-Ten

I ran the under floor plates last night and ran out of grade 8 bolts, so off to the store today. I painted the cage and have it ready to do the final welding. I also welded new bolts into the new floor pans for the seat brackets to attach to. I have been looking into some harnesses, but not sure what ones to go with as of yet. I had some Corbeau ones in my old rig but they were not too comfortable....and I am fat. I did dink aroud with the new steering stuff last night, but not any real progress, more of the "think and drink" phase :D

Back