• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Ryno MJ"

Actually, I have seen high 20s from LS powered vehicles, all depends on the gearing/trans and how you drive it. But overall, for what it is, YES the 4bt will have better mileage.

Easily done when your drag coeffiecient is slightly less than an f16 (vette or camaro).

Show me a truck with an LS motor that gets over 20 around town :D and no, hybrids don't count.

Well it looks like for financial reasons the 4.3 is going to be closer to my budget (like I'm gonna stick to a budget.......don't tell my wife I said that! :eyes:) any way, for now that's what is going in. I am still considering the diesel for a future project though. Soooo who wants to turn some wrenches? :D

pick me! Pick me! I don't mind getting dirty on any of your jeeps....... As long as its not your 95. :D

Well it looks like for financial reasons the 4.3 is going to be closer to my budget (like I'm gonna stick to a budget.......don't tell my wife I said that! :eyes:) any way, for now that's what is going in. I am still considering the diesel for a future project though. Soooo who wants to turn some wrenches? :D

Ohh noooooooo...:doh:

Dean has one in mind on the back burner...:wierd:

Well, I just found out recently that the MJ I have is a late body style change. That means that a 4.0 will fit in there after all, so now I'm thinking 4.2 stroker engine. Guess I'll start looking for a donor vehicle that has the parts I need.
Thanks for the info Bo.

4.2? Why not 4.5?

BTW, I have a 88 4.0 and a 4.2 crank if you're intersted, don't think I'll ever find the time to put them together.

Hey Dean...

It looks like you're going to have fun with this project.... I'm waiting to see what motor you actually put in that puppy.. I would say to do a propane conversion, but the tanks are BIG.. I say propane for no particular reason... just because.. :D

Anywho, from the looks of your XJ, I'm sure your MJ will come out looking cool...

E

Hey Dean...

It looks like you're going to have fun with this project.... I'm waiting to see what motor you actually put in that puppy.. I would say to do a propane conversion, but the tanks are BIG.. I say propane for no particular reason... just because.. :D

Anywho, from the looks of your XJ, I'm sure your MJ will come out looking cool...

E
If you do a CNG conversion you can fill it up right from your garage.

Hey Dean...

E

Once I get everything together I will document the build and post updates.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm looking forward to getting started.
:cheers:

If you do a CNG conversion you can fill it up right from your garage.

There are 2 setbacks - 1) The general public can not buy CNG conversion kits..... legally.. Only certified installers are allowed to buy kits from the manufactures. 2) You would need a Phil Station in order to get the natural gas from your house to your car...

I looked into this for MANY years.. ;)

Th public can buy propane kits for "off-road" use.... :D

E

Well last night while I was not sleeping, I started to think of my project and came to an interesting Idea. As I was trying to figure out how I am going to get parts, and how much it was going to cost, I remembered that I have a '95 4 door that would be a perfect donor. Of course I have to ask the boss first, plus I need to figure out if I want to ravage the '95 for the '86 MJ.

Well last night while I was not sleeping, I started to think of my project and came to an interesting Idea. As I was trying to figure out how I am going to get parts, and how much it was going to cost, I remembered that I have a '95 4 door that would be a perfect donor. Of course I have to ask the boss first, plus I need to figure out if I want to ravage the '95 for the '86 MJ.

Don't kill a good jeep when there's no reason that the 95 should be parted out

Back