• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Rudolph

Looks good man. Where are you at in the Bay Area?

I'm from Pleasanton too. Keep an eye out for an ugly greenish/blueish cherokee with a hack ass hybrid cage with some dude driving like an idiot cruising around town. Hope to see you out on the trails!

I'm from Pleasanton too. Keep an eye out for an ugly greenish/blueish cherokee with a hack ass hybrid cage with some dude driving like an idiot cruising around town. Hope to see you out on the trails!

Do ya have an instagram account? Mine is @project_rudolphxj

No wasn't really having issues. I got it as a Xmas gift.
but it's really cheap and good to have.
I just saw u added me on insta haha.

Wait did i really?! I saw a cool xj and i decided to follow! Dude you do some gnarly rock climbs! What 3 link suspension do you have?

Nice rig...little heads up I installed a few of those Rugged Ridge sye's for customers. Remove the rear plug on the extension tail shaft housing (thats the housing where the speedo gear goes into) there is a plug to the left of it, remove it and try shifting it. Problems that were occuring is the selector shaft is contacting the housing and preventing it to shift through its rangss.That more than Likely is your problem. The fix is to Losen the 10mm bolts and reclock the tail shaft cone so the selector shaft is centered.

Nice rig...little heads up I installed a few of those Rugged Ridge sye's for customers. Remove the rear plug on the extension tail shaft housing (thats the housing where the speedo gear goes into) there is a plug to the left of it, remove it and try shifting it. Problems that were occuring is the selector shaft is contacting the housing and preventing it to shift through its rangss.That more than Likely is your problem. The fix is to Losen the 10mm bolts and reclock the tail shaft cone so the selector shaft is centered.

Dude i think you just saved me a a days work on the tcase!!! I looked in the port and sure enough, the shaft isnt lined up with the port hole at all!! Thank you so much!

Should i make a new gasket or retain the old one?

The correct way is to seperate it and re rtv that tail cone..align then bolt on...the rtv might be elastic enough that you can just move it the 1/16 of an inch...if you used a gasket if its felpro its fine (didn't even know if they make them)

The correct way is to seperate it and re rtv that tail cone..align then bolt on...the rtv might be elastic enough that you can just move it the 1/16 of an inch...if you used a gasket if its felpro its fine (didn't even know if they make them)

If this was the issue, would i be able to push the lever into 2wd and still have it not shift out of 4wd(which it is currently in).

Got my rims in!! 15x8 with 3.75in BS

EF3B51EC-976D-4998-9AEA-E7FE362C835D_zpsnx6z6zqj.jpg

fixed the issue! Still isnt perfectly aligned....i think the machining is bad...but hey it shifts and thats what i care about!
Thank you so much for your advice!

Back