• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Geosynchronous Orbit

Frame plated with 1/8" and used some 1.5 x .120 box tubing. Have an artec mount hence the 8 bolt holes.

20131013_214519_zps9158ca2a.jpg

20131013_214534_zps6c1f1160.jpg

Tell me about it :laugh:

I knocked out most of the plumbing and mounted the walbro pump and fragola filter tonight.

Should be able to finish it all out tomorrow night. Just need to paint everything, remount the rear brakeline, and run the fuel cell vent. Just going to do the FATS (3 sides and down) philosophy.

changing the exhaust this winter or atleast routing it away from the cell?

is that the MJ flopped and on fire again?

love it

Not a huge fan of how long the links are. I could shorten them up and lose the triangulation on the lowers (they'd have to go underneath the frame at that point). Not sure what's better. I can take some measurements for that setup tomorrow.

Since your doing go fast stuff look into trophy/stadium super truck trailing arms

Upper links need more horizontal separation at the frame side (more triangulation). You will probably need to do that by making them shorter, no there's nothing wrong with that, especially with your driveshaft length. Take a foot out of them, leave the vertical separation the same between the uppers/lowers, and cycle the bump/droop to check the anti-squat change, and make sure it doesn't do anything wonky (it shouldn't). Pinion will twist down at droop but anti-squat will likely go down at droop and increase at bump; these are both fine. The rear roll axis isn't going to get any better but roll understeer is usually a compromise of having low-ish anti-squat and is way better than roll oversteer at speed.

Links only function in tension & compression. It's all trig. Those diagonal links have to laterally locate the axle so your lateral component of force comes from the sine of the angle of separation. With minimal angle you wind up with a much higher force vector in the link and that all goes into loading the heims which will wear them out much faster, and cause the axle to move side-to-side a lot more when they do start to wear. One thing that can help in that department is to use the Ruffstuff upper mount (or something like it), which is what I did:

9218732442_086ee4bf7a_b.jpg

This gets you a few benefits; one, you can space the joints closer together because you don't have to worry about fitting a nut/washer/wrench/etc in the space in between which helps you to maximize the triangulation, and two, you're loading the ball against the solid part of the heim body instead of trying to push the ball out the side of it so in theory you should get a longer life out of the joint.

Overall I'd probably want to shorten everything up...what I'd probably do would be to look at your breakover angle from the side and if you do have to put the links under the frame, keep the mounts within that boundary so they're not your ultimate limiting factor.

Looks like Professor Vetteboy schooled us all. :dunno:

Thanks for the help Chris.

Here's a revised version. AS jumps up to around 140% on full droop, and 54% on full bump. Kind of backwards of how you stated it? Positive rollsteer this time.

MJRear4Link-shortened_zps1fde6160.jpg

Last edited:
Back