• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp vs. BFG

If you are using you Jeep as a DD you can't beat these tires.

The Grabber AT2 features a chip and tear resistant all-terrain tread compound molded into an aggressive self-cleaning symmetric tread design featuring five rows of deep, independent tread blocks to enhance off-road and wet-road traction. The block sizes and shapes have been computer optimized to allow the aggressive tread pattern to remain relatively quiet during road and highway driving. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts on top of a 2-ply polyester cord sidewall to combine strength and durability with a uniform ride.

Treadlife Warranty 60,000 Miles

Uniformity Warranty First 2/32" of wear

Workmanship & Materials Warranty 4 years - Free replacement first year or
3/32" of tread, then prorated to final 2/32" of tread.

Manufacturer Special Warranty 30 Day Test Drive

I called BFG about the new Mud Terrain 2 tires. They said they will not be available in 15" rim sizes and they will be expensive.

Lots of opinions on this thread. I passed it once without offerring mine but...what the hell. I just finished a set of BFG MT, and I will say they worked great. They chunked a bit, but they lasted a good while until I wore out the tread and put one hell of a rip in one sidewall. I looked at the Pro-Comps, as they seem to do well in most magazine tests. What I found out was that Pro-Comp and Cooper are made by the same company. At least that's what the rep at 4-wheel drive wholesale told me, and they both tout their "Armor-tek 3" sidewalls.

Anyway, I liked the tread pattern on the Toyo Discoverer STT, as it is kind of a siped version of the Toyo tread combined with an MTR-looking tread. And they were waaaay cheap. A friend of mine has them on a 3/4-ton Dodge with 20,000 on them with very little signs of wear. I've only used them on dry, dirt hills, but, so far, I haven't slipped a tire. These things have some seriously massive lugs, but they run relatively quiet on the street.

Good luck.

I have had a set of 30" BFG M/T's, A set of 31" Trxus M/T's and now a set of 31" Goodyear MTR's. I love the MTR's for a DD with occasional offroad they are the better of the 3.

selarep said:
it may be the same designer, but what about the materials used? often times the off name brands are cheaper because they are of a lesser quality. I do like that tread pattern.
Dakota MT's are on sale right now at pep boys, buy3, get one free, but they also do a "free" install on the tires, i priced it out for a set of 4 265/75/16 and it was 600 out the door, those tires are not bad...

Wow thats high~! I paid 580 mounted and balanced out the door for BFG A/T 33x12.5-15s. I could get an off name way cheaper from the local "Small guy"

I paid $380, bought from Tire Rack, for the tires and shipping to a shop about 1/4 mile away and they only charged me $50 to mount and ballance all of them.

Back