• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

#$@)(*#@$ POS Oakley's

cracker said:
Remi,

You are retarded thinking that glasses should last more than 2.5 years.

Get a new pair annually and I will get you them at cost

Anyways, they are supposed to fasionable so they don't anticipate them to last that long. 5-90 scares me :shocked: that he is totally 80s when he wears those things :D

Remi it could be your particular sweat which is infact dependant on you substance intake. Wasn't it 5 years ago you went to a protein diet?

RayBan aviators NEVER go out of style, ever....

Maybe I'm a little biased because I work for a store that sells Oakleys, but I think they're a fantastic investment. I spend a lot of time on the water (both work + play), so taking care of my eyes with sun + glare is really important to me.

I've had two pairs of polarized Square Wires (metal frames) over the past four years or so. One pair's frame got squashed once, and Oakley fixed them for about 40 bucks. They got flattened again last summer, and a lens got scratched really badly, so I decided to upgrade to a pair of the same, but prescription (got a great dealer discount, of course). I still straightened out the busted pair and keep them on hand for occasions when I think they might get smashed again. They've even spent four months at the bottom of a lake, and a girl still stole them from me last weekend!

About going with expensive glasses: I tend to take meticulous care of everything I own anyway, but I since I've started buying nice glasses, I treat them like gold. I never put them down anywhere without putting them in the case (umm.. except those two times). I'm always thinking, wow, these glasses are sweet, so I need to take care of them. The new ones haven't gotten lost, scratched, or stepped on yet!

Customer service will vary a little with every call, but a retail company like Oakley that turns our so many models can't be expected to hang on to parts for every model forever. Sunglasses really do have a useful life of only a few years, but I think it's worth the investment to treat your eyes right, especially given how much we depend on them.

I WISH I got a discount on repairs. That's the reason I decided to just get a new pair of prescription ones rather then shell out just to repair the same old ones. They wanted 80 bucks to repair/replace the frame and lens, :gonnablow But my new prescription pair cost me a lot less than the original ones did at retail! :yelclap:

I'm still glad that I could bend back the old pair, though. I don't mind the huge scratch when I'm working on stuff as long as I have the nicer pair for the rest of the time.

JeepFreak21 said:
I thought Oakley's had a lifetime warranty for frames :confused:
Billy

Eyewear Warranty Policy
All Oakley eyewear is warranted for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer defects. Coverage is valid only with proof of purchase from an Authorized Oakley Dealer. Oakley warranty program does not cover scratched lenses. Alteration of Oakley products will void warranty. Additional services are available for a nominal charge.

Yup, 11 year old kids stomping the $#!t :shocked: out of your $200 glasses is definately not covered!

Like most companies (that I've dealt with, at least) the original receipt shouldn't be an issue, though. They didn't bug me with it. They probably just keep that phrase handy for the right legal occasion...

i've never had a problem with any of my oakleys. we're required to wear ballistic lenses out here....and i refuse to pay for wiley x's. dont like the way they fit..and the ones they sell at the px arent worth a damn anyhow. i have 2 pairs of m frames...one with clear lenses and one with smoke lenses, and 've never had aproblem. the one pair has a couple of scratches cuz i'm hard on em, but i can log online and buy replacement lenses for 40 bucks...so no biggie.

plus oakley gives military folks discounts (YAY!!) so i'm about ready to order a new set.

Gargoyles all the way... I could have gotten them issued, but I wore spectacles then & had no need. They even had the tinted side shields... all I've found lately is clear.

The "classics" do live up to their claim of bouncing a .22 at 15 yards, though not at 0 yards LOL and they were certainly no match for a .357 Mag or a playful English mastiff puppy.

:idea: I should have used that .357 load on the dawg... Oh well - too late, he's as dead now as the glasses were then.

edit: I loved my Oakley Blades... too bad some #$@#%^&* loved them more. F#$& a thief!

Check out some DRAGONS, usually in your skateboarding/snowboarding/surf shops. Got a pair of REVS about 3 yrs ago. I can smash them to bits (everythings made for hard impacts) and then just snap them back together. Lenses(which they will replace free), frames, and earpieces all come apart and have no hard metal pieces to break. SPY makes good eyewear as well, with the wrap-around lenses like the oakleys, but i think they stick to your face better than oakleys. Most of the stuff in those shops is made to take abuse and be used(you can ride in them, take some hard falls in them, and they won't fall off your face)! They also make some nice watches now that will take some heavy impacts (Nixon).

Back