• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Polish and port, take 2

I don't know if it's just .05, since they increased the port twice. That is part of what got me wondering how much this mattered. They were up at nearly 1/8". I believe I read something about a gasket being smaller than the ports on here this week, and I think I got that stuck in my head (I was thinking, sweet, free venturi). However, the gaskets are, in my experience, noticeably larger than either port. If that were the case here, you'd create a larger volume in the middle of the run, which wouldn't necessarily be good, and I suppose could be bad, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, and it's late.

Anyway, I'm trying to find an 99+ intake to do with my header/dp/cat install next week, and I'm trying to brain up on this. I'd been considering doing some grinding if I can find one, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel, especially if I'm going it wrong, so I've been watching this discussion

Back