• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pictures wont rotate

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
So I know how to upload pics. But recently no matter what I do my pictures show up sideways. If I take the picture sideways with the camera and the root file is sideways it shows up that way no matter what. Whether I use paint, photoviewer, illustrator, flickr or photobuckets editing abilities to rotate the image the picture STILL shows up crooked when I preview the thread.

Anybody?

That kind of stuff is a bit confusing (as I'm sure you have figured out :looney:) - it is probably some sort of conflict or confusion between the actual orientation of the image data and the value in the EXIF orientation tag, which is set by some, but not all, digital cameras. Some apps heed it, some don't, and the result is a lot of confusion.

I wouldn't be surprised if some apps that can be used to rotate the image either ignore the orientation tag, or update it, but don't synch it with the image data, or something like that, I went and confused myself just trying to write that.

Back