• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pics and specs on one ton swaps.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
i thought it took more actually? notching framerails is one of the 1st steps, most dudes run rear 4 links, shoot it takes most of us quite a while to work up to a rear 4 link.

i can appreciate it i just dont like it.

now a chopped, bagged, and linked 66' coupe deville or 49' merc is something i can both appreciate and like :D

Yeah my most recent truck was notched and had a 4-link but I had to sell it before I finihsed it. All I had left to do was install the bags and wire up the valves... It would lay frame front and rear... I miss my lil truck.

i have 4" of shock but they are mounted on my control arms, the bumpstops hit right before the shocks do

tires just graze the fenders except when turning, when turning they rub on the inner fender

im sorry im sure you could find a use for zero up travel.....

im struggling but ill think of something.

HeavyMetal said:
I disagree. (n)

Saying it's "completly impractical" is a pretty broad statement.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
im sorry im sure you could find a use for zero up travel.....

im struggling but ill think of something.
i missed the part of the rig in question where there was 0 uptravel.

oh im sorry, i guess its "case closed". my mistake.

okay well almost zero....

this is getting old. general concensous is 40% up 60% down for most types of wheeling.

im through with this discussion now.

HeavyMetal said:
i missed the part of the rig in question where there was 0 uptravel.

i don't care what you read on the intranets. in real world experience i like how mine sits and it works, so what if it doesn't adhere to the "rules of suspension setup" those rules are garbage.

ktm racer 419 said:
i don't care what you read on the intranets. in real world experience i like how mine sits and it works, so what if it doesn't adhere to the "rules of suspension setup" those rules are garbage.

how dare you argue with such surefire assertiveness!!!

Who said you can't have both? Mines not as low as that one though. It's been on the back burner though with the new engine in the Jeep and trying to get it lifted. I might finish it next summer.

100_0471.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0607.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, it should haul nicely. Then when I get the kinks worked out of tuning the megasquirt. I'm going to drop in the 383 LT1 I am working on.

If it makes ya feel better, thats a Ford EDIS8 DIS ignition system I converted to fire GM coil packs.

ok question for you two. why do mini truck people run w/o an air filter. i saw one without one and i was awestruck! enlighten me.

also KTM FTW!

RyanM said:
yall are gheyyyy

I beg to differ...stfu

lancey3 said:
ok question for you two. why do mini truck people run w/o an air filter. i saw one without one and i was awestruck! enlighten me.

also KTM FTW!

Beats me, I never ran without one... I had a CAI and ran an aftermarket Airfilter

Seemed quite directed at all - since you said Ya'll... I take offense to things like that... If you weren't aimed at me then all is well. Cheers.

Back