• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PDX Convoy

So speaking of routes, does anyone know the update on the 410 land slide?

2010044857.jpg

I know there's a detour road in place, but how long does it take to get around it?

Original article can be found here.

The slide area is further east on 410....past the turn onto Little Naches RD. There is a detour in place so if you are coming from the Yakima side you will be fine. If you guys from PDX come up Hwy 12 from I-5, turn onto Hwy 123 just past Packwood. That will take you to Hwy 410 just below the top of Chinook pass. When you hit Hwy 410, turn and head up the and over the pass. Hope this helps

Who's game for a thursday morning departure?

Central meeting place in PDX? We will need someone that knows the route.. I've never been.

Also.. im 95% i'll have a 4x8 trailer about 75% full. if someone wants to relieve some elbow space after we meet up..I'd be okay with it.

My jeep and the girlfrinds jeep

2010044857.jpg

I know there's a detour road in place, but how long does it take to get around it?

Original article can be found here.
That's the way we went last year, that would suck to drive all that way and have to way out of the way to go around..

It looks like the detour is roughly five miles long. As long as the road doesn't wash out, we should be fine.

Nachesslidearea.jpg

The coordinates are right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if you want to take a look on Google earth.

It looks like the detour is roughly five miles long. As long as the road doesn't wash out, we should be fine.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I think we can manage a few extra miles.

What route should we take.. I-84w to US-97n Or I-5n to US-12w :dunno:
97: Pretty much after the gorge it's just rolling hills and fruit stands. It's probably the quicker route with less traffic though.
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

12: Might take a little longer and have a bit of traffic on I5, but the scenery makes up for it.
P1020972.jpg

P1020988.jpg

We've always taken 97, but one of these times I want to take 12 over.

Im down for Thursday morning departure also, just figure out a time and place guys and I'll be there fo'sho

PDX convoy for Thursday

WHEN-11:30AM (DEPART @ NOON)
WHERE-TROUTDALE SHARIS RESTAURANT PARKING (right off I-84)I-84 EXIT 17. FOLLOW FRONTAGE ROAD 1/4MI. Sharis Is on you're right

That work?:rtm:

I'll have two jeeps aswell. Alright Nick... Lets plan Time and Place.. for others possibly interested..

What route should we take.. I-84w to US-97n Or I-5n to US-12w :dunno:

I'm up for where ever to meet, and what ever way is good. ( I'll be taking the long way home as long as the jeep is in one or two peices, I'm not going home till Monday)
and we can leave later in the day to wait for boys down south, and I work the 2nd shift so some time after 9 would be nice..
What ever you guys want.
We should start a thread for Thursday convoy with a poll with what way.... Maybe????

So, who all is still down for Tuesday morning ?

Me
Dustin
Ken
Karl
? ? ? anyone else i missed ?

I assume we will meet at the usual place (round table 181st) ? what time ? 7am

Meet Dustin up the gorge around 745-8ish ?

ill be there as well.... heavy one german shepherd, im towing a trailer that is not going to be full so if anyone needs to off load some gear so they can have some more room feel free..... ill charge you for gas though :gag: jk

How fast do you all expect the convoy to be? We will be towing a big ass trailer with lots of stuff. I don't expect we will be breaking any sound barriers or speed laws. Especially up the hills across the Columbia.

I was thinking of bailing on the meet up and just leaving earlier and heading on up.. I don't want to slow anyone down.

How fast do you all expect the convoy to be? We will be towing a big ass trailer with lots of stuff. I don't expect we will be breaking any sound barriers or speed laws. Especially up the hills across the Columbia.

I was thinking of bailing on the meet up and just leaving earlier and heading on up.. I don't want to slow anyone down.

I have a trailer too. Last year I dont think we broke 55mph
Dave dont worry about it. 55mph works for me. at 225miles, i dont have the money to haul ass:laugh:

Back