• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out: '97 2wd 4dr XJ, '86 MJ long bed

Ok, update: (I'll just keep updating this post rather than re-post all changes.)

The entire MJ is on hold until I hear back from RZOSETH. Jeepfreak's friend is out. If RZOSETH passes on it:

-Frank: 4:88 gears
-mgonos: UCA's, discos, coils
-snowboard3r411: Wants the back half to make a trailer (if RZOSETH is out)

From the '97 XJ:

-Freerider15: Front fenders
-GotLift01: 4 doors (SOLD)
-Glacialbass: Pass front end cap (SOLD)
-4wheelinbum: Rear bumper and end caps (SOLD)
-4wheelinbum: Both rear tail lights (SOLD)
-Fred: Hood hinges.

Last edited:
Just aquired these - gonna do a quick part out marathon on these and scrap 'em hopefully Monday.

dutchmj2.jpg

dutchmj1.jpg

'86 MJ:
-Good running 4cyl/BA5/231
-4" lift parts/stock leafs with payload add-a-leaf
-non-disco D30 (unknown gear ratio)
-D30 4:88 gear set
-Rear D35 with 4:88's and flipped spring mounts with an added 1" lift.
-JKS discos (need some TLC)
-Home brew track bar bracket brace (spans the frame rails from the TB bracket to the pass. side frame rail going under the oil pan.)
-Rusty's tow hook brackets and hooks
-Rusty's steering
-Fixed 3" lift LCA's
-Homebrew adjustable/greaseable UCA's
-Rancho 3" coils and 1" aluminum spacers
-Aftermarket sun roof (large - nearly 2/3rds of the MJ roof) easily removed and re-installed.
-Does not have the hood vents as shown.

Wow, Dutch sold you his brothers old MJ? You even took his pictures of the thing from last winter..............:D

That thing is getting passed around...................

If Frank decides not to get those gears... I need em. Thankssss

darn the vultures descended... I was just starting to scheme about whether or not I could find a way to put that 97+ nose in my checked luggage for my trip home! :roflmao:

I'd love the load sensing valve off that MJ if it is in decent shape and still present. If you don't mind holding it till I get out there I can pick it up in person in like 2-4 weeks. I'd also be interested in the fuel pump assembly (whole if possible, unless it's as clapped out as they generally are.) Only need the pump itself, but I'll add the sender assembly to the MJ parts collection to be sold at-cost to the first person who needs it, unless you want to hold onto it for the same reason. I just hate to see no longer manufactured parts get scrapped!

That MJ rear bumper looks good too but probably no way I can get it home.

darn the vultures descended... I was just starting to scheme about whether or not I could find a way to put that 97+ nose in my checked luggage for my trip home! :roflmao:

I'd love the load sensing valve off that MJ if it is in decent shape and still present. If you don't mind holding it till I get out there I can pick it up in person in like 2-4 weeks. I'd also be interested in the fuel pump assembly (whole if possible, unless it's as clapped out as they generally are.) Only need the pump itself, but I'll add the sender assembly to the MJ parts collection to be sold at-cost to the first person who needs it, unless you want to hold onto it for the same reason. I just hate to see no longer manufactured parts get scrapped!

That MJ rear bumper looks good too but probably no way I can get it home.

The rear bumper is junk, the angle in that photo is deceiving. I'll keep your fuel pump parts in mind if it comes apart. I kinda doubt that load sensing valve is any good, not sure if it's even still there. There's two people currently saying they want the whole MJ........ That may change once they see it in person......... :laugh:

97xj.jpg

'97 2wd 4dr XJ:
-217K miles, junk engine, good 2wd AX15 trans.
-29 spline 8.25 - most likely 3:07 gears
-Very straight white body panels.
-Decent to nice light gray interior.
-Good Kenwood stereo
-The tires/wheels are junk. Only two (shown) are unbent, the other two are destroyed.
JeepSpeed jeep? it has potential... or is it too far gone?

JeepSpeed jeep? it has potential... or is it too far gone?

No, not at all - a very nice, straight, rust free body/unibody. If I had the space, I'd keep the stripped down unibody around in case someone had one of those unfortunate roll-overs, but I can only hold onto just so much stuff.......... :D

But yeah, it'd be a great base for JeepSpeed........ except I think the 2dr bodies are more desireable for that.

Hey, the rear cargo area carpet in the '97 XJ was protected for a very long time by one of those big cargo mats - the carpet is in GREAT shape if anyone wants to get rid of their funky-skunky carpet.....

It's already pulled, ready to go. :thumbup:

$15

Thanks again for the doors Troy....I'll be swapping those over tonight! :clap:

Looks like it's coming apart. Not sure when I'll have the parts available, but most likely next weekend.

The XJ is going to the scrapper tomorrow hopefully before noon.

Last call for parts from it. Call me if ya need anything from it.

Back