• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting Out: 89 XJ

Kaczman

Lurker
NAXJA Member
I have an 89 Limited that's getting parted out. The engine has a nice hole in the block, and the transmission and t-case are gone. The body is in good shape. It has power everything, tinted windows, leather seats and working sunroof. Anyone need anything before I scrap it?

Interested in the seats if they are gray...what color is the body?

It will be a vaccum disconnect axle. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Depends, I have seen that year with both..........I have a '90 with a non vacuum disco axle, but my factor was I have the 242.

The big differences in an '89 and a '98 is the brakes and steering u-joints. However '98 brakes will fit on the '89 and vice-versa.

Here's a few pics:
PICT0121.jpg

PICT0122.jpg

PICT0124.jpg

There's more pics here.
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/OtisPics/89/

I've never driven the rig. I bought it with a blown engine and dead battery, so I can't state the working order of any of the drive train or electronics. The Jeep was obviously running up until the engine blew due to the amount of oil underneath the frame rails and floor. I think the power windows and locks work, I doubt the seat motors do (one appears to be partially disassembled).

Does it still have the front axle, 89 front dana 30 would be same as 98 front dana 30 correct? If so I may be interested in the complete axle.

It's a non-disco. I don't know about the brakes, it's been a while since I had a 30 front.

Hypoid said:
Interested in the seats if they are gray...what color is the body?
The seats are gray. Driver's is pretty cracked up, but the passenger and rear seats are in good shape.

mj88719 said:
power steering box?
Still have it. Is $25 fair?

Dang! My favorite color to drive on a nice summer day.

I might be up that way Thursday or Friday. PM me if you plan to be home in the evenings.

Mine mine mine Mine................hasta

Back away Mike back away from the XJ! ......actually you can have what is left after I get my hands it. :D
It took me a half-hour to figure out what you want: Yep, it is the shizzznitttt to have on your XJ!

It's your lucky day Skully. I want the whole thing, and there's no way I could pull that off. :)

hows the carpet? one post down from this a guy needs a carpet for a pre 97 (im taking the 00 offered in the post for my 97). feel bad though, but not letting that stop me :)

Back