• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Over heating ish....

16lbs is the correct cap for a later XJ.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason. Buy a good thermostat, or buy a genuine Jeep thermostat. I don't buy any Jeep parts at IdiotZone.

Well that's why I'm curious because my t-stat is a genuine jeep t-stat from the dealership here in Salem. I had read from all the threads here on naxja that the dealership stat would last the longest and be reliable so I got it when my water pump died. Just wondering if it could actually be failing prematurely?

How old is your water pump? ALL of my Jeeps did something similar. They started being slightly warmer than normal and then after a little while they over heated. Ended up being the vanes on the pump being eroded and finally just disappearing. I was surprised that it happened to all of them so Im not sure if this is a typical problem or not but its worth a check.

Well the pump/t-stat was replaced 1.5 years ago and I did a drain and flush with them. My coolant is nice and bright green.

The quality of Jeep parts is much better than "Lifetime Warranty" crap, however anything is possible.

A new thermostat is not expensive, and it only takes about 10 minute to install. You can test the t-stat in question, but if I remove one, it goes in the garbage.

The quality of Jeep parts is much better than "Lifetime Warranty" crap, however anything is possible.

A new thermostat is not expensive, and it only takes about 10 minute to install. You can test the t-stat in question, but if I remove one, it goes in the garbage.

Ill probably just get another t-stat then from the dealer but man that bugs me though to spend $20 on a stat that was suppose to last 100k miles and its only seen 10k miles over 1.5 years. And have to spend another $20 so soon :/

Chrysler tstats come form India, at least for the new vehicles. I'd get a Super Stant or the one someone else posted with credible evidence that it was even better than a Stant. Called "Failsafe" or something like that.

Back